Motoring Discussion > Asda lorries on Sundays Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Aretas Replies: 19

Asda lorries on Sundays - Aretas
Today (Sunday) took a fairly long drive on the A14 and came across many Asda lorries. Is it possible that Asda are finding it easier (read cheaper) to move stuff on a Sunday?
 Asda lorries on Sundays - Zero
Asda are open 24x7 in a lot of areas. Ditto tesco. Dont forget they need to fill shelves after Saturday.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 24 Feb 13 at 21:32
 Asda lorries on Sundays - ....
How are you supposed to bomb down a motorway on Sunday with all that ironmongery around ?
 Asda lorries on Sundays - -
Food never stops, i've worked Sat and Sun this week as part of my rota.

''How are you supposed to bomb down a motorway on Sunday''

Two outside lanes not wide enough..:-) very quiet today could have really bombed along.
>> Food never stops, i've worked Sat and Sun this week as part of my rota.
>>
>> ''How are you supposed to bomb down a motorway on Sunday''
>>
>> Two outside lanes not wide enough..:-) very quiet today could have really bombed along.

Its the A14, the outside lane is full of

LORRY
Not Asda lorries it won't be, hourly paid* they'd struggle to overtake a tractor, regd in the owners name or not..:0(

*it was an Asda artic i managed to get just over 15mpg out of a couple of years ago.
>> Food never stops, i've worked Sat and Sun this week as part of my rota.
>>
>> ''How are you supposed to bomb down a motorway on Sunday''
>>
>> Two outside lanes not wide enough..:-) very quiet today could have really bombed along.
>>
How does Europe manage without supermarkets open on Sunday ?

Problem with the two outside lanes is the UK Sunday Jag peeping over the steering wheel crowd get in the way.. ;-)
>> How does Europe manage without supermarkets open on Sunday ?
>>

Just a guess but less dense population means shopping (and deliveries) can manage quite well over a 6 days week.

By the way, and this isn't just for you Gmac, i've seen an increasing number of traffic officers aiming their hand held radar guns over the roofs of their stationary patrol cars when parked on those raised refuges for emergency vehicles aside the hard shoulder, all areas.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sun 24 Feb 13 at 21:54
I usually see them on the overheads , I was taken by surprise by the Alfa ;-)

You've never been to Holland if you think the UK is more densely populated. Shops still close on Sunday and they are all still 20' 11" tall.
 Asda lorries on Sundays - sherlock47
>>How does Europe manage without supermarkets open on Sunday ? <<

Food supermarkets in France (south) are now open on Sundays. DIY is a little difficult however.
 Asda lorries on Sundays - Collos
In Germany only food Wagons can use the roads from midnight Saturday till Midnight Sunday you can get a special dispensation if your load is classes as essential but no supermarkets or any shops open on Sundays unless you are based in a station.
 Asda lorries on Sundays - Bill Payer
>> Asda are open 24x7 in a lot of areas. Ditto tesco. Dont forget they need
>> to fill shelves after Saturday.
>>
They should deliver stuff by helicopter and keep the roads clear. :)
 Asda lorries on Sundays - Manatee
>> They should deliver stuff by helicopter and keep the roads clear. :)

Good idea. Not sure I'd want to pay £6 for a tin of soup though ;-)
>> >> They should deliver stuff by helicopter and keep the roads clear. :)
>>
>> Good idea. Not sure I'd want to pay £6 for a tin of soup though
>> ;-)

It'll arrive pre stirred tho.
 Asda lorries on Sundays - Dave_
>> Asda are open 24x7 in a lot of areas. Ditto tesco. Dont forget they need to fill shelves after Saturday

Asda took over a lot of Netto stores a couple of years ago, including one a few hundred yards from me. There's usually a 40ft Asda artic coming or going from there every time I pass by.

The A14 will see many Asda vehicles every day as their distribution hub is 5 miles from one end of it (at Lutterworth).
 Asda lorries on Sundays - Pat
Perhaps this journalist has a point? :)

www.pda-uk.org/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22218

Pat
 Asda lorries on Sundays - Old Navy
Here in sunny Scotland (crystal clear blue skies this morning) the supermarkets are only shut for 24 (some 48) hours at Christmas and New year. You would think they were going to be shut for a month by the level of panic buying, and many "corner shops" are open anyway.
 Asda lorries on Sundays - jc2
You moan about ASDA-I've seen nose to tail POUNDLAND artics!!
 Asda lorries on Sundays - R.P.
Ha Ha....now that would work wouldn't it ! Handsome photo by the way Pat.
 Asda lorries on Sundays - bathtub tom
Last edited by: bathtub tom on Mon 25 Feb 13 at 20:05
Latest Forum Posts