Motoring Discussion > Suzuki - Blow the cobwebs away Miscellaneous
Thread Author: .... Replies: 2

Suzuki - Blow the cobwebs away - ....
After a day in town by train we came home and the little 'uns went into the garden to blow off some excess energy (I remember the days).
I retired to my hideaway, looked at the two bike batteries on the shelf, gave them a quick boost and, due to the sun shining, went out to the garage and took the winter jacket off my GSX-R750.

Front tyre down to 28.5 should have been 36, put the tyres back up to the recommended numbers, checked the fluids, connected up the battery, inserted the key and bang...fired up on the second crank settling in to a lovely idle. Left her ticking over and couldn't resist going in to grab my helmet.

It may have read 6 Celsius on the thermometer but the air still has some chill to it.

I feel a ride into work on Monday coming on...just to get rid of last years petrol you understand.
 Suzuki - Blow the cobwebs away - Baz
I've had a few nice rides to work in the last two weeks, although one morning it was -3 and a bit too cold for my kit. The roads are nice and dry and plenty of grip as long as you stay off the salt. Lots of pot-holes and cracks though! Re-calibrating to bike performance is always fun, and knocking 5 or 10 mins off the journey by being able to filter to the front of every queue!
 Suzuki - Blow the cobwebs away - ....
We've still got some salt around on the roads so SWMBO's bike may get a dust off tomorrow and used while the nasty stuff is still down :-)

I've got the kit for cold weather riding but I'm less than enthusiastic about putting it all on when I only have 10 miles to go. That's why I'm waiting for 7C then I can ride to work in flip-flops, shorts and a T (only joking R.P., a capped sleeve T-shirt leaves me nowhere to carry me tabs).
Last edited by: gmac on Sat 2 Mar 13 at 18:41
Latest Forum Posts