Motoring Discussion > Surrey excuses for using the mobile in a car Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 7

Surrey excuses for using the mobile in a car - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-21831759
 Surrey excuses for using the mobile in a car - Aretas
Our roads are busy and cars are dangerous. I think the penalty for using a mobile while on the move is about 10 times too low.
 Surrey excuses for using the mobile in a car - Zero
Having seen the standards of driving in other countries, and seen the accident rates on UK rates compared to other countries, I would say I driving laws and penalties are about perfect.

If you want to improve things even more, enforce the ones we have.
 Surrey excuses for using the mobile in a car - No FM2R
>>Having seen the standards of driving in other countries..........

Entirely agree. And the level of courtesy is much higher than many other places also.

Surrey excuses for using the mobile in a car - Robin O'Reliant
>> Entirely agree. And the level of courtesy is much higher than many other places also.
>>
>>
>>
Not if you get in my £*^%£!* way it isn't.
 Surrey excuses for using the mobile in a car - No FM2R
>>Not if you get in my £*^%£!* way it isn't.

You get over road rage when you live in Brasil and realise that;

1) It makes no difference anyway.
2) They think you're nuts for taking a bit of traffic abuse so seriously
3) They shoot you if you get too lairy
 Surrey excuses for using the mobile in a car - CGNorwich

Whilst standards of driving in the UK are better than most I would nominate the Eastern states of Canada, particularly Nova Scotia for courtesy and good manners. Definitely one of the most civilized parts of the world. Any other contenders?
 Surrey excuses for using the mobile in a car - Alanovich
The weird thing is, in places where good manners simply don't exist on the roads, the traffic works remarkably well, so long as you adapt your style to fit. For example, Naples.

In other words, it's not good manners which are important, but a situation where everyone understands the system and drives in a similar manner to each other. Which I suppose, in a roundabout way, is an example of good manners itself.
Latest Forum Posts