Motoring Discussion > Bentley Mulsanne - Bentley Bizarre Marketing Ploy Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 8

Bentley Mulsanne - Bentley Bizarre Marketing Ploy - Meldrew
The Geordie crooner and Girls Aloud member was gifted the brand new Bentley Mulsanne last week so - according to the Daily Star - she could "zoom between gigs in comfort."

The 29-year-old singer tweeted her thanks after accepting the brand new Bentley: "I have been so spoiled this tour!! Thank you @jbarclaybentley for my pressie!! #spoiledgirlaloud," she wrote.

What is the thinking behind this I wonder? It is bad enough the footballers buy them without giving them to Pop Tarts.
 Bentley Mulsanne - Bentley Bizarre Marketing Ploy - ....
Get yourself some ink and they might give you one too.

tinyurl.com/abq4ywj Link to AC's favourite paper.
 Bentley Mulsanne - Bentley Bizarre Marketing Ploy - TeeCee
Probably a misunderstanding.

The bloke who runs the place said he'd like to give her one, so they did........;-)
 Bentley Mulsanne - Bentley Bizarre Marketing Ploy - Fenlander
So folks don't begrudge Chezza the "gift" worth mentioning it's just been offered as a limo for the duration of the current GA tour. That 15 date tour having just 2 dates left tonight and tomorrow.

Sadly I forgot to book tickets....
 Bentley Mulsanne - Bentley Bizarre Marketing Ploy - Victorbox
>> Sadly I forgot to book tickets....

Me too and I so wanted to see her new tattoo: tinyurl.com/cyawlwr
 Bentley Mulsanne - Bentley Bizarre Marketing Ploy - mikeyb
Waste of good ink
 Bentley Mulsanne - Bentley Bizarre Marketing Ploy - Runfer D'Hills
Product placement and "celebrity" accreditation are a, perhaps sadly, very effective way of promoting products and creating demand for them.

My company trades in the young fast fashion business but at the premium priced end of it ( so no not them ! ) We employ someone whose specific job it is to work with our PR agency to get our products being worn by well known people.

It irks me to accept it but the truth is that if someone as high profile as the lady Bentley have been courting is seen to wear or use your product then demand for that product will immediately increase significantly.

When we manage to get some girly who did quite well on some rubbish tv talent show and has gone on to sell some equally despicable records to wear one of our items it instantly ramps up demand for it exponentially.

Like it or not, Bentley have probably been quite clever here.
 Bentley Mulsanne - Bentley Bizarre Marketing Ploy - No FM2R
>>Waste of good ink

If you mean it would be difficult to improve on the original article, I could not agree more.

Lovely girl.
 Bentley Mulsanne - Bentley Bizarre Marketing Ploy - Armel Coussine
I mentioned a Rolls-Royce ad the other day that was exactly like a scent ad, some male or female fragrance, what's the difference?

No one said a word. Either no one had noticed the ad or they didn't see it like that.

Who buys cars like that? Are they influenced by TV ads? It's very odd.

Perhaps they are just corporate ads, like the Guinness toucan.. Remind the punters that not only are we still there, but we lead the field and have the goddam bread to prove it. Something along those lines.

Are RR and Bentley loss-making niche prestige badge-engineered brands for BMW and VW?

Looks a tiny bit vainglorious to me. But that's fat-cat ca'it'lism innit comrades.
Latest Forum Posts