Motoring Discussion > Birmingham Tomorrow Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zookeeper Replies: 6

Birmingham Tomorrow - zookeeper
got to go birmingham tomorrow to look at a house , m69 , m6, exit spag junc a38(m) what are my chances of getting out alive.... good friday holiday rush et al? need to be there about one pm? any advice welcome
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 29 Mar 13 at 20:03
 birmingham tommorow - Meldrew
Google maps will give you a route with live traffic, which you could check just before you leave.
 birmingham tommorow - zookeeper
sounds good melders .. forgot about ye olde traffic update
 birmingham tommorow - Meldrew
BBC website for the relevant county also gives traffic info but I can't vouch for how up to date or accurate it is
 birmingham tommorow - Jetski
Quiet as the grave this morning.
 birmingham tommorow - L'escargot
>> got to go birmingham tomorrow to look at a house , m69 , m6, exit
>> spag junc a38(m) ................

Just make sure it's at least a mile from a major dual carriageway, especially one which has heavy traffic 24 hours a day, otherwise you'll be able to hear the noise of the traffic . We learned this from bitter experience.
 birmingham tommorow - zookeeper
just got back, we decided to avoid all motorways and went through ashby, lichfield, sutton cold field....our start point was loughboro Uni... very quite took the a5.. m69 back to leicester...saw 2 police cars all day... got flashed by a bus on a5 coming back .... so i pulled up a mile later having not seen a speed camera..... walked to front of car.....bonnet not fastened properly( her indoors had topped the wash bottle up before we left out) :)
Latest Forum Posts