Motoring Discussion > Ford Focus CC - Purchasing a Warranty Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 12

Ford Focus CC - Purchasing a Warranty - Meldrew
Ideas please! I am picking an 07 plate CC3 from a local dealer next week. He has supplied it and serviced it from new and is offering me a 6 months warranty on the engine and gearbox

1. Under SOGA is he not liable to deal with any problem that arises within 6 months, unless he can prove that it was not present when the vehicle was collected?

2. I am thinking of purchasing a warranty myself, bearing in mind the complexity of the electro-hydraulic roof mechanism which actually seems to be reliable and the leak problem has been cured. A certain market leading firm is quoting me £438 which is twice what I am paying for full comp insurance against a total loss! Can anyone recommend or comment on a warranty provider, please?
 Ford Focus CC - Purchasing a Warranty - Zero

>> 2. I am thinking of purchasing a warranty myself, bearing in mind the complexity of
>> the electro-hydraulic roof mechanism which actually seems to be reliable and the leak problem has
>> been cured. A certain market leading firm is quoting me £438 which is twice what
>> I am paying for full comp insurance against a total loss! Can anyone recommend or
>> comment on a warranty provider, please?

You may find that the warranty excludes the roof mechanism, being engine, ancillaries, and drive train only.....
 Ford Focus CC - Purchasing a Warranty - -
The two used car dealers who sold us our two present cars have commented that typical aftermarket warranties are not worth the paper they are printed on, i have seen and heard little evidence to challenge that summary over the years.

Meldrew i hope the car is well priced as there are other dealers out there who cover the whole car themselves (with usual exemptions for friction parts) for 6 months, our Outlander is covered as such.

My own tuppence is self warranty it.

Good luck with the car.
 Ford Focus CC - Purchasing a Warranty - Dog
The main cause for con-cern with the CC, Melders, is a leaking roof.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/focus-cc-2006/?section=bad

www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/owners-reviews/ford/focus/coupe-cabriolet-2006/
 Ford Focus CC - Purchasing a Warranty - NortonES2
Unless you are a lawyer, or wish to hire one to unravel the terms and conditions of an after market warranty, I'd set the money aside. Or avoid the pitfall of a concertina-ing roof altogether.....tinyurl.com/dxhy3z3
Thank you all - I am now convinced that self-insure is the way forward. Dog, I had done the research and there was a problem with the seals, rather than the mechanism itself. This was so bad that production was halted for some months, and there are now no design-fault leaks SFAIK. I thought I needed a change, for the Summer and this will be my last self-funded car, Motability next!
 Ford Focus CC - Purchasing a Warranty - Zero

>> there are now no design-fault leaks SFAIK. I thought I needed a change, for the
>> Summer and this will be my last self-funded car, Motability next!

What summer?
Longer days, warmer rain - that sort of Summer?
 Ford Focus CC - Purchasing a Warranty - R.P.
Pay for a proportion of it with a credit card - gives you additional protection under the Consumer Credit Act (minimum £100) - have you considered a third party Warranty. I took out a Warranty Direct insurance policy for the 3 Series when the extended BMW Warranty ran out. Dealing with them when the LED light unit failed was simplicity itself - no quibble.
Thanks Rob, I had overlooked the credit card aspect. WD want £480 for one year and I don't even know if that covers the potentially problematic hood fold mechanism, so, as others have suggested I will put money to one side. I only do about 5000 miles a year and Focus mechanicals are not problematical SFAIK.
I sincerely hope it works out okay for you Melders, I wouldn't mind a Focus CC myself actually, an automatic of course, I've had my eyes on a few in Autotrader but, the more West of Hampshire one lives the more rain you get ...
and we live in far SouWest!

Nice one in Purple, almost reminds of the Aubergine 1600E.

www.perrys.co.uk/ford-focus-cc-2.0-cc-2-2-door/used-car-39536-22631354?referring_site=motors&utm_source=csa&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=uc
 Ford Focus CC - Purchasing a Warranty - Dutchie
Nice car good price.Got the daughters car from Perries its four years now.Brand new five and a halve grand.Yellow Panda.
Latest Forum Posts