Motoring Discussion > Diamond Car Insurance Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Chris S Replies: 5

Diamond Car Insurance - Chris S
I am insured with Diamond Car Insurance. I've just seen internet articles saying that it is only for women.

However, there was no mention of this on the search website (Go Compare?) that redirected me to them and my policy has 'Mr' on it. The 'gender' section on the policy is blank. Am I covered?
Last edited by: Webmaster on Fri 5 Apr 13 at 13:25
 Diamond Car Insurance - Falkirk Bairn
Diamond is a trading name of Admiral
Sheila's wheels is a trading name of Esure

Diamond and Sheila's wheels insure people of both sexes just like Admiral and Esure
 Diamond Car Insurance - Bill Payer
>> The 'gender' section on the
>> policy is blank.

EU gender directive.

Diamond Car Insurance - No FM2R
Yes you are covered. (at least insofar as this point is concerned).

Diamond market towards women, and even orient the product towards women, but I believe they have always insured men, just not tried to attract them.

The only change is that now they may not charge different rates by sex.

I guess, but do not know, that they will become quite attractive premiums for men and women alike.

They are probably unable or unwilling to significantly increase their "female" premiums to "male" premium levels in the short term without risking their currently biased portfolio, so until things re-balance I suspect that their premiums will be quite attractive within the market.

Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 5 Apr 13 at 15:13
 Diamond Car Insurance - Chris S
>> Diamond market towards women, and even orient the product towards women, but I >> believe they have always insured men, just not tried to attract them.

That would explain their security questions like "Who did you have your first crush on?"

It's a relief to know that I'm insured, I could just imagine something like this appearing on Watchdog.
Last edited by: Chris S on Fri 5 Apr 13 at 20:17
 Diamond Car Insurance - Zero
>> >> Diamond market towards women, and even orient the product towards women, but I >>
>> believe they have always insured men, just not tried to attract them.
>>
>> That would explain their security questions like "Who did you have your first crush on?"

"When is your period due"

*&@£££ WTF's IT GOT TO DO WITH YOU *&^%$

The old ones are the best!
Latest Forum Posts