Motoring Discussion > Do you have the "Monday effect"? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: lancara Replies: 12

Do you have the "Monday effect"? - lancara
Apparently fuel prices are reported to the EU for their weekly bulletin on Mondays - in Spain it's noted that average prices drop by 0.7c per litre on a Monday and then revert to the previous price on a Tuesday, So you know the day to fill up when you're on holiday.
 Do you have the "Monday effect"? - Armel Coussine
>> in Spain it's noted that average prices drop by 0.7c per litre on a Monday and then revert to the previous price on a Tuesday,

Hmmmmm... that's a saving of 35c on a full tank. Well worth organising your life around that. Every little helps.

:o}
 Do you have the "Monday effect"? - Bromptonaut
This morning Diesel at the Northampton Sixfields Sainsburys was down to 141.9 compared with 148.9 a few weeks ago. Petrol 137.9 - the price gap is falling as it was 7-8p last month.
 Do you have the "Monday effect"? - mikeyb
The Shell station by work dropped to 140.9 for diesel today, so I'm guessing the Asda up the road is slightly less
 Do you have the "Monday effect"? - -
Brompton, Kettering petrol is 132.9, Morrisons/Asda/Sainsbugs, can't tell you what Diesel is for sure, either 137.9 or 139.9, definately under 140 anyway.
LPG currently 71.9 @ Corby indy site.
Thanks GB,

ASDA is the key as it sets a national price.

Unless/until the proposed Franklins Gardens development or some other new site brings an ASDA superstore to Northampton then, absent a breach by Morrison/Tesco/Sainsbury, we're consistently ripped off.

The Xantia mostly functions as a station hack but also covers trips to sis/|Mum in Leicester where I can 'tanker' fuel at Kettering prices.

Need to educate Mrs B to do same when teacher supply work takes her/'lingo to Kettering, Corby or MK.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Wed 10 Apr 13 at 22:36
 Do you have the "Monday effect"? - Alanovich
>> absent a breach

You've been watching the recent Spartacus tv series, haven't you?
>> >> absent a breach
>>
>> You've been watching the recent Spartacus tv series, haven't you?

No.

A symptom of too much professional contact with lawyers. Eventually you start talking like one.
 Do you have the "Monday effect"? - BiggerBadderDave
"You've been watching the recent Spartacus tv series, haven't you?"

No. Lucy Lawless was thrown off a mountain. I was devastated. Watched the first episode of the fourth series but couldn't be bothered keeping up with it.

They should do another pre-prequel. More Bouncy Booby Juicy Lucy please.
 Do you have the "Monday effect"? - Zero
The lead actor dying of cancer was a bit of a setback. Enjoyed one and two, and then it fell off a cliff like Lucretia.
 Do you have the "Monday effect"? - BiggerBadderDave
He must have lived close to a phone mast.
 Do you have the "Monday effect"? - Shiny
I hired a Bobcat and I was shocked to find 'gypsy-juice' is 99p a litre these days when it is not used for domestic heating.
 Do you have the "Monday effect"? - Alanovich
>> Enjoyed one and
>> two, and then it fell off a cliff like Lucretia.
>>

The current (final, I presume) series on Sky Atlantic finishes next week. The finale is getting quite good. No spoilers please (although I'm pretty sure I can guess the outcome roughly).
Latest Forum Posts