Motoring Discussion > End of the road for the Auto Trader mag Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ateca chris Replies: 10

End of the road for the Auto Trader mag - Ateca chris
The Auto Trader magazine will be no more after june.

goo.gl/J4YIA
 End of the road for the Auto Trader mag - Londoner
"In 2012, Autotrader.co.uk also launched an interactive magazine, Ignition, which provides the latest car news and features for Apple devices."

Auto Express also have an online edition ....for Apple devices, as does "Car" magazine ....for Apple devices, and Audi ....for Apple devices.

Great. Nothing wrong with that. But by not offering an equivalent app for Android they are missing out on an even bigger audience than the owners of Apple equipment.
 End of the road for the Auto Trader mag - Zero
At one time, car were bought and sold mostly the exchange & mart. Used to buy it every week, does anyone buy it any more?
 End of the road for the Auto Trader mag - Dog
S'right, I've bought 'n sold many a car in the Exchange & Mart but I haven't so much as even considered having a look for cars in there for many a year, in fact I didn't realise it was still going:

www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/
 End of the road for the Auto Trader mag - Fursty Ferret
Hopefully the website will soon follow the mag into oblivion.

Not that I have anything personally against Auto Trader, but the selling experience was thoroughly unpleasant on the odd occasion I used it. Numerous time-wasting calls from Nigerian con-artists and a weekly hard sell from Autotrader themselves trying to flog a bigger ad.

Won't be shedding a tear.
 End of the road for the Auto Trader mag - Fenlander
>>>Hopefully the website will soon follow the mag into oblivion

I hope not... for me it is *the* place to look for cars.
>> Hopefully the website will soon follow the mag into oblivion.

It wont, AT online is now THE place to buy, sell and value cars, and has killed the magazine add market stone dead.

Put any add in any other media and you will end up with chancers and tyre kickers.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 10 May 13 at 09:30
 End of the road for the Auto Trader mag - Boxsterboy
>> >> Hopefully the website will soon follow the mag into oblivion.
>>
>> It wont, AT online is now THE place to buy, sell and value cars,
>> and has killed the magazine add market stone dead.
>>
>> Put any add in any other media and you will end up with chancers and
>> tyre kickers.
>>

+1. However it is sad to see the magazine go. It won't be same not being able to thumb through the magazine. End of an era.
 End of the road for the Auto Trader mag - Mike Hannon
Browsing the 'Trader used to be one of life's little pleasures in the UK years ago. I've bought and sold a few motors through it as well, in the days before today's internet hassle. The only time I wasted a journey was to look at a 1965 Humber Sceptre (a car I always fancied but never owned) that was described by its owner as immaculate and only used by his late father to go to the golf club on Sundays. It had a rust hole in one front wing that you could put your hand through.
I used to work for the grandson of the man who founded Exchange & Mart in 1868. When I was buying and selling hi-fi equipment on the side in the 1970s and '80s early Thursday mornings used to be quite exciting. My pal and I thought nothing of driving up and down the country for the right stuff and I don't think we were ever let down. E & M collapsed some years ago I think.
Yeah, the old "Expand and Fart" finally deflated in 2009 it seems.

www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/caradvice/chooseacar/4163293/Exchange-and-Mart-ceases-print-publication-and-goes-online-only.html

>> Great. Nothing wrong with that. But by not offering an equivalent app for Android they
>> are missing out on an even bigger audience than the owners of Apple equipment.

Yeah, but well, you know, I mean - Android owners? Dont they shop in Primark?
Latest Forum Posts