Motoring Discussion > Honda Legend - hired
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 7

Honda Legend - hired - Mapmaker
I had the particular pleasure of a week with a hired Jazz (800 miles on the clock). I'd specified a Ka as it was only me, and I was only doing a couple of hundred miles.

What a nice car. Only gripe is that the aircon/ventilation display is so low down you cannot see it whilst you are driving. Silly design.
 Honda Legend - hired - Lygonos
I had a (presumably) top-of-the-range one when my Swift was being serviced.

Perfectly decent little car except for very on-off brakes, and also the dash appeared to be held together by little twist-clip thingies.

Honda Legend - hired - Armel Coussine
>> What a nice car.

Was following a red one last night. It was very, very annoying, observing some of the more ridiculous and unnecessary Surrey/Sussex low speed limits by the clock (which as any fule kno is well below the real limit). Came up behind it just before a very long stretch where overtaking can be a bit fraught or actually illegal, so was stuck there in an otherwise smooth, rapid and traffic-free journey.

Slightly to my surprise, once clear of the utterly absurd 30 limit through Ockley the driver, wearing yellow hi-viz coat (so perhaps a copper I thought) did go up to the NSL, but again just on the clock. Once we had gone past and resumed proper progress it dwindled fast in the mirror. Real PITA.
 Honda Legend - hired - Dutchie
I had one for three years it took us to the south of France and back with luggage no problem.

Bigger boot than the Focus,ours was red auto 1.4 engine.It handled nice on corners bit like a go cart could cope with a more powerfull engine.

Focus is going in a few weeks,Citroen C4 Grand Picasso taking over.
 Honda Legend - hired - NortonES2
Was expecting a V6, not a trolley!
 Honda Legend - hired - Mike Hannon
This is confusing. We had a Legend coupe - one of the best cars I've ever had. We reluctantly left it behind in the UK. I've been tempted by the latest version now and again. The Accord we now have is practically as big as the Legend was then, in fact a bit wider, but nothing like as nice to drive, mainly due - I reckon - to the electric power steering.
My son has a Jazz and it regularly hauls his family from Somerset to SW France with no drama. I found it a pleasant drive (if you enjoy changing gear for yourself) but a bit underpowered. If they had ever made a 1.8 for Europe as well as the Far East I would probably have one myself by now as a shopping trolley.
Last edited by: Mike Hannon on Tue 11 Jun 13 at 09:58
 Honda Legend - hired - Londoner
>> Focus is going in a few weeks,Citroen C4 Grand Picasso taking over.
>>
Enjoy the new car, and please post some feedback to the forum once you have got used to it.
 Honda Legend - hired - Mapmaker
How did I manage to call it a Legend in the headline? It's a Jazz.
Latest Forum Posts