Motoring Discussion > Mitsubishi Carisma - Oh no not another aircon discussion!
Thread Author: nice but dim Replies: 4

Mitsubishi Carisma - Oh no not another aircon discussion! - nice but dim
I've noticed that over the last few weeks the air con had not been as cool as you would expect. As luck would have it, I received an unexpected cashback payment from Quidco so I thought sod it, I'm going to get it re-gassed if it doesn't make a massive difference then so be it. Found a local place doing them for £35. The initial vac out completed and then the refill went in, I was asked to start the engine and stood back and watched them. Started getting worried when the mechanic came back with a 2 foot breaker bar and started whacking the compressor and then started pulling and pushing fuses. "Pumps gone mate", oh merde I thought. Funny I had seen it operating when I got the car and you still got that kick in noise from something when it was on plus RPM fluctuation. They applied a power source to the compressor and it started working, so something in between the compressor and the fuse had gone. Turned out to be the power wire to the compressor had broke, something that was fixed by him free of charge. As for the re-gas, it probably needed it. 77gms of gas removed, 700gms went back in.

Result - nice and cool, tested on center vents at 6.3c at ambient temp of 19c outside. All in for £35.
 Mitsubishi Carisma - Oh no not another aircon discussion! - Runfer D'Hills
Cool
 Mitsubishi Carisma - Oh no not another aircon discussion! - Roger.
Check your pollen filter, too. If it's blocked it will affect the aircon performance.
 Mitsubishi Carisma - Oh no not another aircon discussion! - nice but dim
Yes, I've read this thread!

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=71643
 Mitsubishi Carisma - Oh no not another aircon discussion! - carmalade
Broken wire to the compressor is a common fault on this model,seen it many times.Glad you got it sorted without the usual comment of "you need a new compressor mate!!!".hth
Latest Forum Posts