Motoring Discussion > Car insurance Day cover Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 8

Car insurance Day cover - sherlock47
Car insurance Day cover

Has anybody any experience of this? i need 24 hrs of cover to collect a car for daughter - nothing exotic a 1.6 Mazda2 .

Any other comments on that car?
 Car insurance Day cover - CGNorwich
www.theaa.com/insurance/short-term-car-insurance.html
 Car insurance Day cover - Bromptonaut
Is the new car to be insured in your daughter's name?

If so could she add you to policy as as temporary additional driver?

Added daughter's beau to Xantia's insurance for 36 hours so he and my son (not then a driver) could attend an event at NEC. Cost about £30.
 Car insurance Day cover - maltrap
Sometimes, adding a parent (with a clean license etc) actually reduces the premium for a young driver !
 Car insurance Day cover - sherlock47
She would be very pleased to be called young:)

I would prefer to do day cover just in case of any mishap - I would not wish to jeopardise her claim history. She is also with a 'low cost online insurer' who makes their money from changes and substitutions!

I can find plenty of offers on line - was just looking for any personal experiences.
 Car insurance Day cover - henry k
>> I can find plenty of offers on line - was just looking for any personal experiences.
>>
Last year I took out a one day cover from an online site.
I wanted to test my X type prior to purchase and wanted to be sure I was fully covered.
It was quite painless ( Except for £21).

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=10530

Edited to add link
Last edited by: henry k on Mon 17 Jun 13 at 12:06
 Car insurance Day cover - maltrap
If you have fully comp' in your own name it may give you third party cover on another insured vehicle.
 Car insurance Day cover - mikeyb
Is the car from a dealer? Many offer the 7 day driveaway insurance, so perhaps this could be in your name if you are collecting
 Car insurance Day cover - Alastairw
I used Aviva's daily cover to add someone on my car recently. It was entirely painless, though what it would have been like had a claim been necessary is anyone's guess.
Latest Forum Posts