Motoring Discussion > Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - change rear light cluster Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 7

Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - change rear light cluster - Focusless
One of the rear light lenses on my wife's Colt was the victim of an unprovoked attack by a shopping trolley over the weekend. It's going in to the garage for some other work on Tuesday and I've asked for a quote to replace the rear light cluster, but I think the price of these new is £100-odd (happy to be corrected).

However I've got some quotes from breakeryard.com, the cheapest of which is £36 including postage (others were £48 and £72). Anyone know if they're easy to fit by someone relatively inexperienced?
 Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - change rear light cluster - -
Firstly have you checked online for new pattern parts, Mitsi dealer is the last place i'd want to visit for such a thing, their pricing is outrageous....used is OK if you can see the part first or you trust the breaker to honour a return if its scratched and faded carp.

I haven't worked on the car in question but i have no doubt it will be simple and straightforward job, invariably proper Japanese designs are made to be maintained not just cheap to assemble.
Thanks GB. I should have said that the garage is an indie; the breaker just came from the website, but FWIW his feedback looks quite good.
www.breakeryard.com/view_supplier_feedback?count=bzapetixm

Sounds like it might be worth a shot, although I think I'll wait to see what the garage says first (tomorrow).
>> Firstly have you checked online for new pattern parts

I did, but they don't seem to be that common, or cheap. I'll have another look.
>> I'll have another look.

Comes in 2 parts apparently - need to check the breaker's part is the one I need.
mitsubishi-colt.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/parts/detail/category=ROOT-body/engine=57/part=1610

Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - change rear light cluster - Alanovich
Nice to see you back here, F.

MOT City?
 Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - change rear light cluster - Zero
Its likely to be logical and relatively easy. May involved removal of an interior trim panel to get at the screws at worse.
 Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - change rear light cluster - Bill Payer
Have a look on eBay for one.

Our 5 door had an MOT advisory for faded OS rear lens so I had a look and there were quite a few at the time (I know the 3dr is different).

Oddly when I picked the car up the lens looked fine, good even, and exactly the same as the NS, so no idea what the advisory was about.
Latest Forum Posts