Motoring Discussion > Officer, what a 42 carat plonker you really are Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 26

Officer, what a 42 carat plonker you really are - VxFan

tinyurl.com/lxtda7g - www.chichester.co.uk/news

Officer, what a 42 carat plonker you really are - Armel Coussine
'... its attributes...'

Chortle...
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - Meldrew
Hard to get an attendance at a £5000 break-in! Priorities failure from where I am looking.
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - ToMoCo
Can't win can they. I'm sure there would be equally as many people complaining if they done nothing.
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - VxFan
BBC website eventually got wind of it, with a video clip of the discussion with the officer.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-23041259

I think most children would have just laughed if they'd seen the dolls 'attributes'
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 25 Jun 13 at 10:05
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - Cliff Pope
It would be nice if just once in a while someone would fight one of these arbitrary dictats issued by a local gauleiter and let it go to court.
He could call evidence from newsagents and ladies clothing shops, for example, on the public acceptability of "attributes".

Incidentally I'm sure the original story was pinched from a book by Tom Sharpe, recently deceased.
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - SteelSpark
>> Incidentally I'm sure the original story was pinched from a book by Tom Sharpe, recently
>> deceased.

I think you might be referring to the book "Wilt" (which had a film version starring Griff Rhys Jones), although they both contain sex dolls, the story is completely different to the episode of OFAH.
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - Runfer D'Hills
I've always thought that our society is a bit warped when lightweight fictional references to sex, which is a normal and natural activity are seen as offensive while depictions and portrayals of murder and violence are seen as family entertainment.

In other words, showing the result or enaction of a brutal murder on Morse, Taggart, Lewis, Midsommer etc etc etc is fine, and portrayals of warfare and its gore are just a diversion but for goodness sake don't film anyone's bare tits as that would be too much to stand.

Weird eh? Or is it just me?
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - Boxsterboy
>> Weird eh? Or is it just me?
>>

No, it's not just you!
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - spamcan61
>>
>> Weird eh? Or is it just me?
>>

No, it isn't just you. The world is completely and utterly bonkers; the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction being another example. Or the constant taxpayer funded harassment of that naked rambler bloke.
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - Boxsterboy
>>Or the constant taxpayer funded harassment of that naked rambler
>> bloke.
>>

What I don't get with that is that one naked bloke is 'offensive' and hounded by the law, whereas a group of naked people is 'art' and lauded in the press.

Or is it just me?
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - Westpig
Am I the only one that would prefer I or my family not to have to see his plums, etc?
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - No FM2R
No, I would prefer not to see as well.

However, I don't want every bit of weirdness crushed out of existence just because of that.

I live in a society, I cannot expect absolutely nothing in that society to bother me, some of it will. Its called variety.

And I quite like that the authorities are hounding him as well. Its just so silly and pointless that I like the whole ridiculous saga.

We didn't get to be great by being normal, standard and inoffensive.
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - Roger.
>> Am I the only one that would prefer I or my family not to have
>> to see his plums, etc?
.......................or his nuts.

>>
>> I think you might be referring to the book "Wilt" (which had a film version
>> starring Griff Rhys Jones), although they both contain sex dolls, the story is completely different
>> to the episode of OFAH.
>>

Yes, but combined with Porterhouse Blue, gas-filled condoms released up the college chimney, exploding when the fire was lit.
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - No FM2R
Can't bothered to look at the clips, but it doesn't seem terribly unreasonable.

Move the doll sir.
No.
Move the doll or I'll give you a ticket.

For all I know he used it as an excuse to pull the bloke over to check stuff. Again, seems reasonable to me.

And I think the attitude that they wouldn't have bothered in the evening, but during the day its a bit much is about right.

Not that it really bothers me much either way, but I can see that it might bother some.

However, isn't it ridiculous that the whole thing gets reported in the nation's media? I'm guessing the copper didn't call the press, so I assume the driver did.

Makes him about as much of a plonker as the copper.

A few people need a bit more work to do.

As someone said, damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>> I'm guessing the copper didn't call the press, so I assume the driver did.

First posted on his facebook account according to the report you didn't bother to look at ;)

Guessing it was either him, or one of his followers who then reported it to the media.

www.facebook.com/DelBoyVanHire
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 25 Jun 13 at 14:06
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - Ted

Really !! Would you like to drive along behind a van with a lady showing an enormous pair of baps ?

Hmmmmm.....................I thought so !

Ted
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - Meldrew
Re baps check out the terminology devised by Dud & Pete; slide forward to 9 minutes if you don't want the whole sketch. www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EW2Twb_m9Q

>>
>> As someone said, damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>>

Policemen need to remember the basic rule of engagement:

"Anything you do will be recorded and may be posted on Facebook to make you look silly".
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - Runfer D'Hills
Can't help thinking there's a clue here as to a new possibly more holistic approach to the design of airbags. If your last mortal experience was to bury your nose in the décolletage of such a thing it might help to make your transference to the afterlife an altogether less stressful journey.
 Officer, what a 24 carat plonker you really are - Dutchie
I can see the coppers point having a word with the driver.
He was fortunate not to receive a fine for the doll not wearing a seatbelt.
 Officer, what a reasonable chap you really are - Mapmaker
Seems perfectly reasonable of the policeman, really.

Pulls punter over, asks him to stop making a fool of himself and offending people. Punter fails attitude test immediately by saying no. Despite failing test, officer gives punter second chance, and leans a bit harder on him by putting the weight of the law behind him.
 Officer, what a reasonable chap you really are - VxFan
>> and offending people.

Was anyone other than the officer offended though? Had anyone actually complained?

As pointed out by someone else earlier in the thread, no worse than a shop manikin.

Officer, what a reasonable chap you really are - NortonES2
You can ignore shop windows, but silly signs (beware: bitch on board) and blow-up things in a queue are hard to escape. I suppose one positive aspect is that it advertises a carefree approach to life.

There is a notorious vehicle parked up in Buxton, imitating a hearse, bedecked with gothic insignias and containing a plastic skeleton in an open coffin. tinyurl.com/q9uz9zz

Parked on the pavement rather than the road, but it's a wide pavement. Just the job for residents of the nearby home for the aged!
 Officer, what a reasonable chap you really are - Mapmaker
>>Was anyone other than the officer offended though?

Indubitably.

>>Had anyone actually complained?

Isn't the main complaint about the police that they do nothing about antisocial behaviour even *if* somebody complains...?!
Latest Forum Posts