Motoring Discussion > Top 10 cheap? convertibles Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 10

Top 10 cheap? convertibles - Dog
www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/picturegalleries/10160197/Top-10-cheap-convertibles.html?frame=2608949
I'll have the Boxster please.
 Top 10 cheap? convertibles - madf
>> I'll have the Boxster please.
>>

+1
 Top 10 cheap? convertibles - Alanovich
S2000 here.
www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201307057656542/

;)
 Top 10 cheap? convertibles - Armel Coussine
I don't like any of them much, but agree with Alanović that the Honda is the narrow winner.

The heyday of topless cars was in the vintage and PVT days and came to an end with the generalisation of monocoque bodies with integral roof. Since then convertible versions have been generally heavier and worse handling than their saloon parent. It was all over by the mid-sixties.
Any one of those convertibles, apart from the Jaaag, would be okay to nip about in with weather like this IMO.

I'd still choose the Porsche though but, I'd go for the later model:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/porsche/boxster-987-2005/
 Top 10 cheap? convertibles - mikeyb
I'd have my A4 Cab back if circumstances were different
 Top 10 cheap? convertibles - Manatee
£15,000 isn't cheap, as you imply. Quite a lot for a toy, or a car with very limited usability.
 Top 10 cheap? convertibles - legacylad
The only 'limited usability' is if you need to carry more than 2 passengers. I lived for 3 years with an Elise as a daily runner. Mind you I was younger then and even the ex liked it...! My current 3 series is brilliant as a daily runner, provided you don't have long legged rear passengers, and even then, most of my friends prefer a cramped, roof down journey to one in their own Passat/Insignia/ C220. And I allow them to smoke with the roof down.
 Top 10 cheap? convertibles - legacylad
Of the 10 I would plump for the Boxster...a not so cheap 3.4 S, in metallic blue with heated steering wheel for the freezing blue sky winter days.
P Bonds have failed to deliver yet again this month. Drat.
Latest Forum Posts