Motoring Discussion > Top 10 most reliable used car brands Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 14

Top 10 most reliable used car brands - Dog
No need to read the article really - just think Jap!

www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/10203036/Top-10-most-reliable-used-car-brands.html
 Top 10 most reliable used car brands - L'escargot
>> ..... - just think Jap!

Ford is in there at number nine.
 Top 10 most reliable used car brands - movilogo
At #2, they said Subaru but shows a Suzuki! Since Subaru mentioned later, I guess this is Suzuki. Looks like Toyota slipped few positions.

Almost all reliability surveys show that Japanese/Koreans being most reliable. Then how come other manufacturers still doing business?

Subaru - so good they named it twice!

;-))
 Top 10 most reliable used car brands - Boxsterboy
These Warranty Direct figures don't just look at reliability per se. They also factor in cost of repair and time off road. Privately owned cars which tend to be less abused than company motors will always fare better, which makes Ford's showing all the more impressive.
 Top 10 most reliable used car brands - madf
As we own a Honda and a Toyota... hardly surprised.

Where are the "much improved" French cars?
 Top 10 most reliable used car brands - neiltoo
>> As we own a Honda and a Toyota... hardly surprised.
>>
>> Where are the "much improved" French cars?
>>

In Which? this month, their car reliability article lists five Renaults in the worst ten.
 Top 10 most reliable used car brands - madf
>> At #2, they said Subaru but shows a Suzuki! Since Subaru mentioned later, I guess
>> this is Suzuki. Looks like Toyota slipped few positions.
>>
>> Almost all reliability surveys show that Japanese/Koreans being most reliable. Then how come other manufacturers
>> still doing business?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

There were people still buying new Rover cars months and weeks before they went bust. And people buy Renaults.

You can fool a lot of idiots all of the time.

(Apologies to all Renault owners: I could have said "Peugeot" instead if any consolation:-)
Tis a shame about Nissan though, they used to be okay, 'til they teamed up with, eh, now let me see ... !
 Top 10 most reliable used car brands - PeterS
>> Tis a shame about Nissan though, they used to be okay, 'til they teamed up
>> with, eh, now let me see ... !
>>

The only car to ever leave me stranded at the roadside was a National Car Rentals Nissan Almera, back in 1999. Well before Renault's involvement I think ;-)
 Top 10 most reliable used car brands - NeilS
Chevrolet and Ford wow and no apologies for absence from the Germans? Couple of years time and Dacia will take one of the slots, then MG Rover and the people's revolution will be complete!
My 05 1.8 Almera was as good as gold in the 4 years I owned, boring though.

I used to be a bit OCD about the timing chain and listen to it intently on every cold start.

My present car has got one of those nice quiet timing belts.

:-(
 Top 10 most reliable used car brands - corax
>> My 05 1.8 Almera was as good as gold in the 4 years I owned,
>> boring though.

I went on a CAD course years ago and had lunch in the car of another guy doing the course. A Nissan Primera. I almost fell asleep looking at the boring interior of that car. Until he got some pictures out of the glovebox of his wife in the garden. With not much on.

All of a sudden I was wide awake and the Primera interior was a very interesting place to be.
You're a sad gyt corax.

We have much in common :)
 Top 10 most reliable used car brands - corax
:))
Latest Forum Posts