Motoring Discussion > Selfish idiot. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 9

Selfish idiot. - Old Navy
I hope the police throw the book at him and don't forget to check his car and documents with a fine tooth comb.

tinyurl.com/onut6tr
 Selfish idiot. - BobbyG
Agreed.

But on a separate note

A spokesman for South Central Ambulance Service said a community first responder, two ambulances and an air ambulance were dispatched to the address.

Is this not a bit of an over response for one heart attack victim?
 Selfish idiot. - MD
Why. If it had been you.........................well?
 Selfish idiot. - MD
Lesson required Squire.
 Selfish idiot. - BobbyG
MD, I have experience of how my local ambulance service responds to these types of call and it is pretty much a single manned paramedic fast response followed by an actual ambulance.

Wouldn't be 3 vehicles plus air ambulance though the air ambulance may well have been a judgement call later on depending on location?
 Selfish idiot. - bathtub tom
I was today walking up a footpath in Surrey, pushing a pushchair with a 2-year-old in it, when on passing a car parked on the footpath with a PCN (PENALTY charge notice) attached, the owner came out and remonstrated with the official that had attached it.

I had full support for the official, as parking was restricted on the road to 09:00 -10:00 only.

This was 19:00.
 Selfish idiot. - Meldrew
If parking was restricted to 0900 to 1000 only what offence was committed by being parked at 1900?
 Selfish idiot. - Manatee
The car was on the footpath.
 Selfish idiot. - Cliff Pope
>> The car was on the footpath.
>>

So it was an offence regardless of the time.
 Selfish idiot. - TeeCee
Could have been someone who'd previously moved out of the way for an emergency vehicle and been done by some tinpot[1] jobsworth for jumping lights, driving in a bus lane, or similar.
Anyone know if it's possible to legally pull over on the stretch of road in question?

They can eat their cake or have it...

[1] Literally. i.e. a camera.
Latest Forum Posts