Motoring Discussion > Lucky escape Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 10

Lucky escape - Westpig
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23481329

I like the way the first bloke out runs for it...leaving the others to their own devices
 Lucky escape - Zero
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23481329
>>
>> I like the way the first bloke out runs for it...

"Dont look back - DON T LOOK BACK"
 Lucky escape - -
I can almost hear Mr T from the A Team....''yo on y'own sukka''
 Lucky escape - bathtub tom
Can't blame the survival instinct.

Back in the '60s a college lecturer told us, in the event of a fire, follow me if you can keep up!

Stood me in good stead in the only event I had to put it into practise. Fortunately no-one got hurt, but it meant I was (nearly) always the first one out to have a smoke!
 Lucky escape - Armel Coussine
Lucky the car hadn't gone another 30 yards or so.

You can't really blame the guy doing the runner. One big landslide doesn't guarantee that there won't be another one at any moment.
 Lucky escape - VxFan
Why were the hazzard warning lights on before the incident?
 Lucky escape - Westpig
>> You can't really blame the guy doing the runner. One big landslide doesn't guarantee that
>> there won't be another one at any moment.
>>

...and if it were two kids left in there? The second one out looked female.
 Lucky escape - Armel Coussine
>> and if it were two kids left in there? The second one out looked female.

If it were, and they were the bloke's kids, we wouldn't think much of him would we? But when there's a perceived very immediate threat to life, instinct and reflex take over in the short term. Perhaps he went back to help after the end of the very short clip... It did look as if the others in the car were having difficulty getting out. They probably needed to be helped.
 Lucky escape - Old Navy
>> Can't blame the survival instinct.
>>
>> Back in the '60s a college lecturer told us, in the event of a fire,
>> follow me if you can keep up!
>>

On one occasion when I was a passenger in a Sea King helicopter I was sat behind the pilot facing inwards, he explained that my emergency escape route was to grab the back of his seat, pivot around my hand and exit through his window. I was not to be concerned about him being in the way as he would be long gone.
 Lucky escape - jc2
"What steps should you take in the event of a fire?"

Very,very large ones!
 Lucky escape - MD
I was told as a very young man..........................Grab your wallet and R U N.
Latest Forum Posts