Motoring Discussion > Skoda - The 'Man Pram' or is it pimp my buggy?
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 6

Skoda - The 'Man Pram' or is it pimp my buggy? - VxFan

Skoda unveils gigantic man-pram complete with 20-inch alloys, brake lights and hydraulic suspension

tinyurl.com/medesrq - Daily Wail
 Skoda - The 'Man Pram' or is it pimp my buggy? - TeeCee
The 'Man-Pram' more than holds its own next to the new SKODA Octavia vRS, which it is designed to accompany

"Accompany" would seem to be the correct word. I can't see the pram going inside the Octavia......
 Skoda - The 'Man Pram' or is it pimp my buggy? - TheManWithNoName
It looks better than many convertibles on the market.
 Skoda - The 'Man Pram' or is it pimp my buggy? - AnotherJohnH
It's not April the 1st again already is it?

I haven't finished with 2013 yet!
 Skoda - The 'Man Pram' or is it pimp my buggy? - BobbyG
Interesting advertising from Skoda with regard to the vrs.

When I got my Fabia vrs back in 2006, they weren't hugely advertised but those "in the know" knew they were a wee pocket rocket and it quickly grew a bit of a cult following.

Similarly with the Octavia vrs, it was kind of hidden amongst the standard "taxi spec" Octavias and , initially only in petrol form I think, it grew a bit of a cult following.

This kind of suited Skoda and their image of actually producing decent cars without shouting about it.

But with this new VRS, they are running an advertising campaign shouting about the merits of the car - finding out that an average car is actually dam good is one thing - finding out that a car that they are claiming to be dam good isn't is a totally different ball game (not that I am suggesting the new one isn't)
 Skoda - The 'Man Pram' or is it pimp my buggy? - TeeCee
>> Similarly with the Octavia vrs, it was kind of hidden amongst the standard
>> "taxi spec" Octavias
>>

I had the ultimate "Q" car on fleet in CZ. The MkII was already out and Skoda were running both models in parallel. Usual special edition to push the old shape, in this case the "Rider" spec. Absolutely bog, bar a small trim spoiler thing on the bootlid and climate control.

Taking that, I had just enough in the budget to spec it as a 20v Turbo 4x4. While the engine was not quite as tweaked as the vrs, it was awfully quick and could outgun a vrs off the line as it could get all of it on the road at once.
I should have had it debadged. As it was, anyone who wasn't behind it and close enough to read the words got an awfully nasty surprise.
The tuning boys used to prefer these to the vrs as, once tuned up, the 4x4 system becomes essential unless watching the traction control light flashing is your idea of fun. That 20v Turbo engine would chip to 220 bhp without any other mods. Highest I ever heard of, after wastegate, intercooler, turbo and all the trimmings was significantly north of 400(!!)
 Skoda - The 'Man Pram' or is it pimp my buggy? - ....
How tall are the models pushing it ? The buggy itself is 6'6" in old money.
Latest Forum Posts