Motoring Discussion > Bentley - Bentley SUV
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 15

Bentley - Bentley SUV - Meldrew
If £800 million is being devoted to the development and production of this vehicle and they are going to sell at a starting price around €180000 where is the profit going to come from?
 Bentley - Bentley SUV - R.P.
By selling a shed load of them to the Americans and the Chinese.
It will have to be a VERY big shed, to recoup £800 million, selling at about £160K of which what might be profit - £30K?
 Bentley - Bentley SUV - Manatee
Picture of the 'concept' in the weekend DT Motoring. Hideous. Inevitable I suppose.

www.gtspirit.com/2012/03/06/geneva-2012-bentley-exp-9-f-suv-concept/

Made in Britain, so hope it's successful.
 Bentley - Bentley SUV - Haywain
Oh, dear! This takes SUV vulgarity to a whole new level.
 Bentley - Bentley SUV - henry k
>> Oh, dear! This takes SUV vulgarity to a whole new level.
>>
So so bad but the queue will already be from the Gulf to the UK.
It will be THE thing to carry falcons in and they can watch the rear screens. :-(

Bentley - Bentley SUV - rtj70
It will be based on the same underpinnings as the next Audi Q7 and VW Toureg. Development costs will be shared. Bentley won't be paying £800m.

The Bentley Continental GT is only profitable because VW paid for most of the development which underpins it - the Phaeton. In fact the bodies are made in the same factory in Germany and delivered complete to Crewe. And some bits are sent back (like seats and other leather and wood trim) on what were empty lorries to Germany to assemble some Continental GT's for other markets back in Germany.
Interesting input/info. Thanks
 Bentley - Bentley SUV - TheManWithNoName
I think the modern phrase used by the kids is 'sick'.
Only for me, this concept car really does mean 'vomit inducing'.

Premiership footballers please form an orderly queue.
 Bentley - Bentley SUV - henry k
Bentley says

"Designed to be the most powerful and exquisitely-crafted SUV on the road,
the new Bentley will change the way the world looks at cars of this kind. So
prepare to be amazed. "

Bentley - Bentley SUV - Roger.
Table-pizza time!
 Bentley - Bentley SUV - Zero
But you have to lust after the picnic set.
 Bentley - Bentley SUV - -
Usefully large though, anywhere several were parked you'd know to avoid.

They'll sell well in other countries, you have no idea just how vile some cars are that get sold to middle east...picture a white Range Rover with bright red/yellow (together) leather trim, garish doesn't come near...i've got a pic on one of my old phones i'll try to remember to dig it out.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Mon 29 Jul 13 at 20:24
 Bentley - Bentley SUV - Armel Coussine
I'd rather have a Phaeton than one of these VW Bentleys. Of course the real ones were the Rolls-Royce proles' brand, built like steam yachts and drove like barges too. Classy.

Whereas these current ones are a VW premium brand. And Rolls-Royces are BMWs now. Even our monarch has a couple of those, albeit vast greatl brick-carphouse billionaires' and heads of state's specials. Classy, but sort of offshore Euro-classy.
 Bentley - Bentley SUV - R.P.
The Monarch is of as much Germanic stock as well !! :-)
 Bentley - Bentley SUV - Armel Coussine
George VI was much attached to the huge Daimler straight eight and had several. I wouldn't be surprised if they still had one or two in the capacious Royal Mews.

Despite 5.3 litres it was flat out at 85. Even a RR Silver Wraith could reach the mid nineties. Of course the Queen drove a small truck for the army when young, and often drives herself. Likes to get a move on perhaps.
Latest Forum Posts