Motoring Discussion > Potholing Anglesey style. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 3

Potholing Anglesey style. - R.P.
We live on the fringes of a small village - our end is connected to the outside world by a very single track road. It suffered badly in the frosts and linked to heavy truck use for the dozen or so building projects in the village has become at best difficult and at worst dangerous, in particular with a bike, to navigate. I reported some pot-holes back in January and in fairness the council did come to fill some of them in. There was rumour that the road was in this summer's to-do list - I was sceptical that a proper job would be done as the use of it is relatively light. I'd seen the dreaded letters SD (Surface Dressing) paint sprayed on the further reaches of the road for some time. Lo and behold, the biggest **** off cold-planer truck you've ever seen in your life turned up today and scraped the whole sorry mess up. Eagerly awaiting a smooth new tarmac surface in the next few days. Happy to have paid my council tax for once.
 Potholing Anglesey style. - Dog
You've just reminded me of a dream, I dreamt that I checked out my Chinese-made Runway Enduro tyres and was happy to see the words Made in Japan on them (just a dream, alas)

Obviously my un-caffeinated brain linking potholes with 4x4's ... funny ole life though!

(*_*)
 Potholing Anglesey style. - AnotherJohnH
>> Lo and behold, the biggest **** off cold-planer truck you've ever seen in your life turned up today
>> and scraped the whole sorry mess up.

>> Eagerly awaiting a smooth new tarmac surface in the next few days.

Are you sure they haven't just robbed you of the remaining tarmac so they can heat it up and use it to fill "more important" holes?

Might be a long wait ;-)
 Potholing Anglesey style. - R.P.
Came home last night to a brand new wearing surface - It was very bad before. Tarmac still hot adter rolling into the late evening. Nice smell.
Latest Forum Posts