Motoring Discussion > Honda - trying to come to terms.... Buying / Selling
Thread Author: felineone Replies: 4

Honda - trying to come to terms.... - felineone
I just sold my beloved 1997 Honda Accord SE.
It served me well. Alas...needed transmission.
I decided to look around. Ended up with 2009 Kia Sorento. I love it, but feel disloyal. ;) I would have preferred a 2011, but could not bite the bullet and have a car note.
My brother, upon hearing I was car searching ( he has sold cars for 10 years) said..watch the miles and don't buy American. :(
Kia has a plant in Alabama. Tomorrow I will drive it to work for the first time. Although I love love it...how to explain when I used to join in making fun of Kia's?

Last edited by: felineone on Mon 5 Aug 13 at 04:04
 Honda - trying to come to terms.... - Meldrew
What is wrong with built in America? We buy cars built in India, Poland, Slovenia, and South Africa. Honda, Mercedes and BMW build cars in USA.
 Honda - trying to come to terms.... - L'escargot
Parts are manufactured all over the world. Final assembly of my car was (I think!) in Germany, but I haven't got a clue where the parts and sub-assemblies were manufactured.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Mon 5 Aug 13 at 09:03
 Honda - trying to come to terms.... - VxFan
>> I haven't got a clue where the parts and sub-assemblies were manufactured.

China probably ;)
 Honda - trying to come to terms.... - Mike Hannon
OP, console yourself with the fact that, believe me, Hondas are now not what they were.
I know your feelings, I have just sold my beloved 1998 Prelude and replaced it with an Accord that is a technological tour-de-force but drives like a Transit van.
Latest Forum Posts