Motoring Discussion > Heckmondwike leads driving test fails Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 6

Heckmondwike leads driving test fails - Manatee
goo.gl/2V4oKD (Daliy Mail)

Not sure if this means a lot statistically, but it caught my eye.

I went to school in neighbouring Cleckheaton, and most of my fellow pupils who took their driving tests chose Heckmondwike test centre because it was "easy", there being no traffic lights there then.
 Heckmondwike leads driving test fails - Zero
round here, the "always fail" centre was Teddington, aggrresive pushy always heavy traffic was enough to make any learner squeel with terror.

The Pass centre was Weybridge, alas no more and moved to Chertsey. Still an easy pass centre - sailed through there with my taxi test with no preparation of any kind.
 Heckmondwike leads driving test fails - sooty123
Not surprising, it's been bottom of the pile for pass rates for years. Tricky place to pass the test.
 Heckmondwike leads driving test fails - madf
I took my test in Banff: no traffic lights or pedestrian crossings there...
 Heckmondwike leads driving test fails - Meldrew
Many places in East Anglia with very limited hill start opportunities too.
 Heckmondwike leads driving test fails - RattleandSmoke
I passed my test in Whalley Range, I am not sure about stats but possibly one of the easier places to pass in Manchester. There was one big roundabout on the route and that was on the Parkway in Baguley so a bit far and never really used on routes as it would take at least half an hour to get there!.

Not many fast roads either, the fastest road I went on during my test was a 40 limit dual carriage way. However the routes were one which required a lot of knowledge of the highway code and strange traffic systems such as bus counterflow systems.

I however passed first time at Whalley Range so that says it all! The test centre has now moved to a business centre on the Parkway on the Chorlton/Didsbury border and I imagine it is now harder to pass. I know so many people who have had minor accidents on the parkway including myself (rear ended).

It is flat in south Manchester too, but there are plenty of railway bridges to do hill starts on.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Mon 5 Aug 13 at 12:41
 Heckmondwike leads driving test fails - RichardW
There is (or was in 1992) only 1 test centre on the Isle of Wight.... reportedly 'easy' to pass, but it was not far from the infamous Coppin Bridge roundabout with its 16 or sets of traffic lights. Converntional wisdom that the tester took you round there on the way back if he thought you were good enough... I went out of the test centre up a couple of residential back streets, then down to turn right at the (not working) traffic lights at the bus station, and straight on down to Coppins Bridge for a run 2/3 of the way round it, then back onto the back streets where we actually did emergency stop! He either thought I was good enough from the off, or was looking to up his failure rate and trying to out nerve me.... Passed anyway!
Latest Forum Posts