Motoring Discussion > Yellow car game Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 32

Yellow car game - bathtub tom
I taught my 4-year-old grandson to play 'yellow car'. johnfinnemore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/yellow-car-full-rules.html

He was sitting behind granny when he remembered, spotted one and shouted loudly. I'm in trouble for making her nearly have an accident.
 Yellow car game - WillDeBeest
Was this widely played before Ottery St Mary? I'd not come across it, but now I even catch myself playing when I'm on my own. In France, of course, it became 'voiture jaune', and led to some disputes on account of the number of small Renaults painted a shade of green that's almost yellow - or is that the other way round?

Either way, Cabin Pressure is pure gold. All I want for Christmas is Zürich, a fitting finale, and for it never, ever, EVER to be remade for television.
 Yellow car game - L'escargot
My first Ford was yellow ~ Daytona Yellow if I remember correctly. As a result of the AA's conclusion that yellow was the safest colour, yellow became my favourite colour until it was no longer readily available in my chosen model.
 Yellow car game - Mapmaker
My mother had a yellow Allegro estate.
 Yellow car game - Manatee
We had a yellow Golf Mk1 5 door for a while. It pulled its clutch cable through the bulkhead, a known weakness (of all colours).
 Yellow car game - Armel Coussine
My Dyane was garish yellow verging on lime green. Perfectly innocuous colour.
 Yellow car game - Robin O'Reliant
My Lupo was yellow, it actually suited it.

On some cars it looks vile, Lambo, Ferrari and Lotus carry it off beautifully across their entire range.
If it was available my absolute favourite colour would be Coventry Fire Service Yellow. It was really striking. The colour was formulated by Warwick University. tinyurl.com/myvpjsa
 Yellow car game - Dog
That's the colour of snot, L'es.
>> That's the colour of snot, L'es.
>>

If that's the colour of Dog snot, you need to go to the vet!
 Yellow car game - Dog
I have been feeling a bit ruff lately L'es.
 Yellow car game - hjd
A friend of mine has a Ka in just about that colour. She chose it specially. Most people hate the colour!
tinyurl.com/kus7d6x
 Yellow car game - Dog
At least it would, um, stick out in the airport car park, well, any car park come to that!
 Yellow car game - No FM2R
We do the same, but try to spot a Mini, not yellow cars.
 Yellow car game - Fullchat
Amateur rules!

The true game is either "Mini punch!" or "Beetle bash!" - 1 point
"Yellow Mini punch!" or "Yellow beetle bash!" - 2 points
"Old Mini punch!" or "Old Beetle bash!" - 2 points
"Old yellow Mini punch!" or "Old yellow Mini punch!" - 3 points

Each sighting should be accompanied by a physical assault but that gets tiresome so you can miss that out.

No BMW/ Mini forecourts allowed. The jury is still out on transporters.
 Yellow car game - Armel Coussine
I trust these physical assaults have to be on the driver Fc? Hands over his eyes from behind, hair being messed up, that sort of thing? Much more fun like that I seem to remember...
 Yellow car game - Fullchat
No it's all inclusive AC :)

Driver has a distinct advantage being able to see down the middle of the road and what is coming up in the rear view mirror.
 Yellow car game - bathtub tom
I was accused of cheating when we came past Gatwick airport on a train.

There must have been one in the car parks!
 Yellow car game - Zero
Surely cheating is fundamental to the game?
 Yellow car game - legacylad
I once owned a yellow Fiat 124 estate.
It had a set of winter rims & tyres. Went anywhere. Almost.
Even 3 up one weekend to Glencoe, from West Yorks, for a spot of skiing. Never again.
When we arrived we made yellow snow.
The things you do when young & foolish! Or enthusiastic.
www.theaa.com/newsroom/news-2011/safest-car-colour.html
 Yellow car game - Cliff Pope
We play Cone Spotting. There's a good section on the M4 where they have green, blue and yellow cones, apart from the usual orange/red of course.
There must be a code somewhere explaining what the colours mean - green appears to mean maintenance vehicles only.
Never spotted a pink - that would be 10 points.
 Yellow car game - Fursty Ferret
>> We play Cone Spotting. There's a good section on the M4 where they have green,
>> blue and yellow cones, apart from the usual orange/red of course.
>> There must be a code somewhere explaining what the colours mean - green appears to
>> mean maintenance vehicles only.
>> Never spotted a pink - that would be 10 points.
>>

Saw these the other day and thought I was going colour blind.
 Yellow car game - Jetski
Perhaps it's time to move onto Mornington Crescent.
 Yellow car game - No FM2R
I have always loved ISIHAC and I think I have almost all of them, but I've never found Mornington Crescent even vaguely amusing.
 Yellow car game - WillDeBeest
How far away from you is the nearest dealer in yellow cars then, l'Es? Not within walking distance, we presume.
};---)
>> How far away from you is the nearest dealer in yellow cars then, l'es? Not
>> within walking distance, we presume.
>> };---)
>>

As far as I can see, very few car manufacturers currently give the option of having yellow. If Ford had currently made my Focus in yellow then that's the colour I would have specified.
 Yellow car game - Crankcase
Looks like they still do in some versions, and recently in a wide range of versions.

www.motors.co.uk/used/cars/ford/focus/colour/yellow

>> Looks like they still do in some versions, and recently in a wide range of versions.

If you're that certain, find one on the Ford website. tinyurl.com/lhx2w2u
Last edited by: L'escargot on Tue 13 Aug 13 at 09:44
 Yellow car game - Zero
Yes its true, Ford currently have a very uninspiring choice of colours, black, white, red and a range of insipid greys and browns.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 13 Aug 13 at 09:52
 Yellow car game - retgwte
We had a yellow panda, chosen because yellow was the only "free" colour at the time and we were not prepared to pay for paint colour.

Only depreciated two grand in three years too, great little car.
 Yellow car game - Crankcase
They do the ST-3 in "Tangerine Scream" which sounds orange but looks pretty yellow on a web page.
 Yellow car game - VxFan
>> If Ford had currently made my Focus in yellow then that's the colour I would have specified.

The colour yellow goes well with some cars. However the Focus isn't one of them.
Latest Forum Posts