Motoring Discussion > Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 14

Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - henry k
My son wanted some replacement number plates.
He wanted plain uncluttered legal plates with at worse a small "source" on them.

The ones he has now fitted are better than he ever envisaged. A mandatory BSAU tag but it is tiny and the suppliers name you have to look at an angle to read it but it is to all intents invisible.

Bought from Halfords. I am very impressed. So if you want clean looking plates I do not think there are any better ones available.
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - ....
I needed a replacement rear plate and wanted the retailers details as inconspicuous as possible. Halfords plate on my car now too. You really have to look hard to see the logo.
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - Armel Coussine
Do they sell them pre-plastered with mud henry? So tiresome to have to drive about when you want them to be hard to read.
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - R.P.
My nephew, a true life-long victim of bad luck, ordered a set of fresh legal plates for his new Astra. The Buffoons that made them, made one correct one and one made up of the letter elements of his postcode. How thick are these people ?
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - Meldrew
Perhaps as thick as the people who make them in USA? Prisoners working in Jail workshops
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - L'escargot
>> My nephew, a true life-long victim of bad luck, ordered a set of fresh legal
>> plates for his new Astra.

Mine were made and fitted by the dealer I got the car from.
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - VxFan
>> Mine were made and fitted by the dealer I got the car from.

Yes, but yours were probalby correct. Pugs nephews had to be remade as one was incorrect.
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - Cliff Pope
>>legal plates with at worse a small "source" on them.
>>

Like these?

custom-number-plates.co.uk/number-plate-builder
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - -
My last set came from Numberplates.net, Union flag to the left hand side otherwise standard plates that have weathered very well.
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - Manatee
Ebay item 121060141767

or search for

2 x LEGAL CAR NUMBER PLATES

These were the last I bought, in April. £10.99 delivered.

Tiny makers name and postcode, and BSAU154, no border, no flag unless you want them (I don't).

goo.gl/rBIe6W
Last edited by: Manatee on Mon 12 Aug 13 at 18:29
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - henry k
Several much much cheaper options but IMO still not as uncluttered as the Halfords offerings.
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - Zero
Why does one need 'uncluttered" number plates?
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - sherlock47
Why does one need 'uncluttered" number plates?

The more 'clutter' the greater the chance of it being misread by ANPR? :)
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - L'escargot
>> My son wanted some replacement number plates.
>> He wanted plain uncluttered legal plates with at worse a small "source" on them.

As far as I'm concerned, a number plate is a number plate. Provided that the plates my car has got are legal then I have no desire to replace them.
 Plain uncluttered legal number plates from ? - VxFan
>> As far as I'm concerned, a number plate is a number plate. Provided that the
>> plates my car has got are legal then I have no desire to replace them.

Some makers see it as opportunity to advertise for free instead of just keeping to the legal requirement though. Up to you if you want to allow your number plates to also be used for advertising purposes.
Latest Forum Posts