Motoring Discussion > Vehicle recall Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 9

Vehicle recall - bathtub tom
I've had a recall notice for my Nissan, the passenger airbag can throw out bits of debris apparently.

I've checked the VOSA website and my VIN isn't included in the recall!!!

I'm reluctant to take it in because:

1. It'll be ten years old next month.
2. It'll involve a fifty mile round trip to my nearest dealer and around an hour of hanging about.
3. I don't fancy some grease monkey dismantling stuff and maybe causing problems.
4. It's the passenger airbag and I'm very rarely in that seat (selfish, I know). I've never experienced an airbag inflating in my forty-odd years of motoring.
 Vehicle recall - Haywain
Where had the recall come from, BT? Surely they would have access to your VIN as well as VOSA.

I had a recall with the Astra a couple of years ago and I wasn't at all certain that mine was one of the affected ones. At the time, I thought it was maybe an opportunity for the local dealer 'to say hello.......', if you see what I mean.
>>Where had the recall come from, BT?

It's from Nissan. I wasn't expecting it as when I first heard about the recall I checked the VOSA site, my VIN wasn't included - could be a cock-up I suppose.

Put in a call to Nissan and after a couple of minutes of 'we respect our customers' type guff, managed to speak to a real person. They suggested I book it in anyway. I pointed out I'm trying to save us both wasting out time and they offered me 20p/mile for my inconvenience.

They said they'd 'raise a case' and email the details within a few minutes - they haven't.

Vehicle recall - Alanovich
Airbags have a limited life. This sounds like the ideal opportunity to get one replaced for free.

Of course, your car is 10 years old, isn't it, Sir? Well, you see the driver's airbag is also due for replacement according to the vee-hikle's service schedule. Would you like us to do that whilst the car's here? Yes? Super, here's the chuffing great invoice.
 Vehicle recall - madf
And of course your antifreeze, brake fluid and power steering fluid need replacing.
As does your cambelt, and all other belts,brake hoses,disks , clutch exhaust and catalyst.

Perhaps sir would like a new car instead?
 Vehicle recall - maltrap
Could it cause problems if you sell the car on after ignoring a recall. I suspect the only bit to be replaced would be the air bag cover, not the whole shebang.
 Vehicle recall - Zero
>> Could it cause problems if you sell the car on after ignoring a recall.

no.
 Vehicle recall - VxFan
>> I've had a recall notice for my Nissan, the passenger airbag can throw out bits
>> of debris apparently.

Yep. Your car is one of 480,000 Nissan's affected.

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=13735

>> I've checked the VOSA website and my VIN isn't included in the recall!!!

You previously said that it was.
>> You previously said that it was.

What I said was: Looks like mine's in range

I based that on the models and years quoted at the time.

My VIN starts SJNFAAN which isn't included on the VOSA list: tinyurl.com/kes6zms
 Vehicle recall - Ted
I've been waiting a month now for the Toyota dealer to get details of a recall on 61 reg Yarises. I have three under my care. All we and the dealer know is that it's summat to do with steering.

You'd think there would be some urgency !

I've had a hint that the column has to come out so that won't be a waiting appointment. Suits me, I'll get paid for taking the car one day and again for bring it back !

What model is your'e Tubby? I have a 7 yr old Note.

Ted
Last edited by: Ted on Tue 13 Aug 13 at 23:01
Latest Forum Posts