Motoring Discussion > Mitsubishi Lancer - The Lancer had a problem!
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 8

Mitsubishi Lancer - The Lancer had a problem! - Zero
Had to happen I guess. 80k miles, first non wear 'n tear / service item that needed to be resolved.

The bolt holding the drivers door check strap came loose. Made a nasty clicking noise when opening and closing the door. Had to use my 10mm socket to tighten it up.

Jeez, I'll have to change it at this rate.
 Mitsubishi Lancer - The Lancer had a problem! - Robin O'Reliant
You can't say you weren't warned. More fool you for buying it, I doubt if Mitsubishi will cough up a goodwill payment either. They're like that.
 Mitsubishi Lancer - The Lancer had a problem! - madf
I thought you were going to say the driver was the problem....but we already knew that :-)
 Mitsubishi Lancer - The Lancer had a problem! - Dog
Could be a worn camshaft lobe, it would sound like a door check strap, whip it out at the weekend (the camshaft!)
 Mitsubishi Lancer - The Lancer had a problem! - Armel Coussine
Sound advice Perro. Might as well renew main and big-end bearings while the top is off the engine. It's the work of a moment to drop the sump, detach the bellhousing and undo those throwaway bearing cap bolts. Pity to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar what?
 Mitsubishi Lancer - The Lancer had a problem! - Manatee
I still think the underlying problem is likely to be the big nut holding the wheel.
 Mitsubishi Lancer - The Lancer had a problem! - -
Good job you didn't take it into our local main dealers, fault like that not likely to appear on the diagnostics screen with list of new parts needed, they'd still be standing round it scratching heads.
 Mitsubishi Lancer - The Lancer had a problem! - BiggerBadderDave
I'm not very technical, what Lancer has a door strap?

Could you show me a door strap on the photo of your car please.

Cheers Zero.

www.flickr.com/photos/59250024@N05/9508696211/
 Mitsubishi Lancer - The Lancer had a problem! - Zero
Mines a later model Dave, you can buy a kit to fix it now. Colour co-ordinated too.

www.ropesandtwines.com/prodimages/blue%20orient%20washing%20line.jpg

Last edited by: Zero on Wed 14 Aug 13 at 18:01
Latest Forum Posts