Motoring Discussion > Unusual Sightings - Volume 21   [Read only]
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 96

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - VxFan

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 22 *****

The odd, the rare and bizarre, car, bike or truck.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 15 Oct 13 at 21:20

Topless model. - R.P.
Amongst all the hideous oversized German ironmongery being driven to Abersoch yesterday afternoon was a tasty little feline - roof down it looked the biz - making the others look very ugly and large. A red F type - lovely looker.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Mike Hannon
While out and about this afternoon (bank holiday over here) I spotted an elderly gent pedalling along in what looked very like a Sinclair C5 in size and shape, but it wasn't. It was more streamlined but very similar in conception. The 'driver' was wearing a cycling helmet, TG.
I would love to know what it was but I can't even begin to think what I would Google for.
Any ideas, anyone?
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 15 Aug 13 at 21:28

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - The Nut
www.sinclairzx.com/spec-x-1.html

Or maybe some kind of recumbent bike with body panels?

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Armel Coussine
Last night, at a party, parked outside was a tidy Jensen CV8. I knew at a glance who'd come in it too, and that it wasn't his property. Belongs apparently to one of those clubs whose owners pay an annual subscription and can then borrow one of its 'classics' for the weekend...

Quite a pleasant old boat probably, and far classier-looking than the last series of big Jensens, the one all the rock stars wanted. But since one would only ever waft about in such a car, a 541 or 541R with an Austin six-cylinder engine would be much cheaper to buy and very nearly as nice to drive....

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Avant
I've always rather fancied an Austin with an Austin six-cylinder engine- i.e. a Sheerline. There is something very majestic and English about the Sheerline, of which I would imagine there can be only a few left running. They can't have sold very well in the first place (1947-52) with post-war petrol rationing.

>> an Austin with an Austin six-cylinder engine-

Yeah but the VDP Princess and its cheapo sister the Sheerline were lumbering limos... What you wanted was a bog standard A110 with overdrive.

There came a time when Sheerlines were cheap and good value. Was tempted by one once by a dodgy-old-limo dealer near Chalk Farm, but reason prevailed. I took a sample trip, not driving, in a Daimler 2.5 litre... went fine but its front suspension was knackered so no go there either. And there was this bushy-tailed-looking Ford Pilot....

Just as well I was a broke wimp. Old jalopies can cost you an arm and a leg before you've even noticed.

Dolomite - R.P.
One of the guys in work owns one - a 1500TC in yellow. Been in his family since brand new - his father owned it - nice car, The late Mrs P had one of these when I first met her in the same colour - yellow. I loved these in their time. Felt tiny by today's standards but they were always "narrow" by usual standards. Nice car - in good nick. Very odd the lack of central locking and 4 speed box. Nice little motor - now I wonder if anyone has a Sprint for sale...now that was a car
Last edited by: R.P. on Thu 22 Aug 13 at 19:32

Dolomite - Dog
>>I wonder if anyone has a Sprint for sale...now that was a car

I tuned loads of Dolly Sprints, and owned one too - not a happy engine really (BL)

If you got a good one, they were mighty fine but, I only ever remember tuning one decent example belonging to a young lady who owned a nice little flat in Thurlow Park Rd. sowf lunden.

I think that one might have been yellow, with a black vinyl roof, nice.

Panther 6 - Focusless
Ok I didn't actually see one, but for reasons unknown I just did a search for it on youtube. And it turned up this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng01d496LeA

Look at the side-on view at 0:34 - the wheelbase is actually quite short (proportionally), and the big V8 is in the back. I think Motor magazine said it would handle like a pendulum...
Last edited by: Focusless on Sun 25 Aug 13 at 18:33

Panther 6 - MD
I Want One.

Bit of a list this morning - Alanovich
A brand new BMW 335i GT, the new 3-series hatchback. First one I've seen, oddly it reminded me of that Hyundai Grandeur GB linked to the other day, when viewed from the rear three quarter. Black, natch.

Then a Dacia Solenza, orangey yellow and on Romanian plates. Natch.

Then a Vauxhall Victor FB, in cream and in excellent nick.

Then, a bloke standing by the side of a suburban road, 30s semi type houses, with a blimmin' great bird of prey on his heavily gloved wrist. Some kind of hawk I think, but I'm no twitcher. Certainly unusual for the suburbs of Readingshire.

Then an 11-reg bay window VW Camper, in orange with a large radiator grille on the front. I'm guessing these things, must be one of those Mexican jobs, have water cooled engines now.

Busy morning.

Bit of a list this morning - Dog
I'll have the Victor vić, although I doubt it was as nice as:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vauxhall_VX490_based_on_Victor_FB_1508cc_first_registered_January_1963.jpg

Bit of a list this morning - sherlock47
Victor - dont they still rust away faster than you can renovate?:)

Bit of a list this morning - Dog
>>Victor - dont they still rust away faster than you can renovate?:)

Shhhhh!

Bit of a list this morning - Clk Sec
>> Victor - dont they still rust away faster than you can renovate?:)
>>

A pal of mine had to scrap his nice looking Victor in 1968, or thereabouts, when it failed its first MOT.

Bit of a list this morning - Alanovich
Only caught it for a few seconds as it flew past in the opposite direction, but it looked pretty much as tidy as that one externally. Couldn't tell you if it was a VX490 though.

Small Car - Big City - Bromptonaut
Based in Westminster rather than Legal London there's lots of tourist stuff around - not just the walkers seeing the Inns of Court.

The duck tours amphibian goes past several times a day and on Tuesday there were a couple of Minis parked by Queen Anne's Gate:

smallcarbigcity.com/

Might be good fun if weather not too hot.

Some are stretching the Classic/Cooper definition a bit - no real Austin Cooper S was on a B prefix (84/5?) plate.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Thu 29 Aug 13 at 10:11

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Stuu
Saw an H-plate Honda Civic Shuttle in Tesco car park - bit battered on the outside but it sounded sweet when it drove past.
Last edited by: Webmaster on Thu 29 Aug 13 at 11:03

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Mike H
Driving across Austria on Tuesday, we saw a group of 3 UK-registered 3-wheelers (Morgans?), all T- or V-registered (about 1980 I guess). Wouldn't have wanted to travel from the UK that distance in one of those!
Last edited by: Mike H on Thu 29 Aug 13 at 12:11

Walking down a back street in a medieval village in the middle of nowhere this afternoon I spotted a familiar shape sticking out of a garage. Sure enough, it was a Mk 1 Ford Capri GT in lovely nick. Everyone loves a Capri, don't they? Even old cynics like me. Mind you, my commute-sharing pal had one years ago and it drove like a horse and cart...

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - -
Goodness me i forgot this, was overtaken, on Saturday i think, by a Ferrari stretch limo.

My only question is why on earth would you.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - bathtub tom
Because chavs some people will pay a fortune to be seen in a supercar and if it LOOKS LIKE a Ferrari...................................................?

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Dave_
>> Because some people will pay a fortune to be seen in a supercar and if it LOOKS LIKE a Ferrari

Saw this writing along the bottom of the rear numberplate on a (genuine) Ferrari Testarossa: "I'm saving up for an MR2 conversion". :)

Red 1948 Morgan with an 1172 engine (according to website) parked outside local shops. It had a tonneau open just for the driver - I love that look.

Lots of Aircool VWs Today - Bromptonaut
Been out and about round Northants today on various missions. Must have seen 20+ aircooled VW's both Beetles and bus types. Some scruffy and highly modified.

Googling suggests they'd been gathering at Santa Pod.

Couple of Morris Oxfords - pre Pininfarina type too so they may have been clubbin' as well. A5 was filling with hari-kiri motorcyclists by 16:00 - presumably been to Moto GP.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sun 1 Sep 13 at 16:59

Scirocco - BobbyG
A mint condition G reg VW Scirroco today, IIRC my pal had one at the time and the dashboard was the same as our Polo !

Mini - Ted
Passed a red Mini Cooper Coupe on the A50 in Cheshire today. Can't say I've seen one before around here.
Looked unusual from the back, a bit ugly even, but I wasn't behind it for long......zoom zoom !

Ted
Last edited by: Ted on Sun 1 Sep 13 at 21:26

E-type(s) - Focusless
Coming back from a jaunt to Wales on Sunday along the A456, saw an nice E-type going the other way. Then a bit further down the road, another one, followed by 4 more not long after. Then went passed the pub where there was clearly some sort of event going on - must have been at least 20 of the things in the car park, along with the odd XJS and possibly others which I didn't get a chance to identify.

Seeing an E-type end-on, they look tiny by modern standards - I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison with a current Lambo say.

Saw several classic Jags on the roads around Salisbury while on the way to Bournemouth airshow yesterday.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Zero
A Peraves Monotracer, in yellow, in Weybridge High Street this afternoon. Looked really weird as the outriggers flipped out, then back, in the stop start traffic.

www.webroad.ch/monotracer/

What an interesting device, and quick too.

I don't fancy one though. It would take ages to learn to drive it at my age.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Alastairw
A 1968 Buick Skylark. By no means pristine, lots of marks on the paint. Well used original condition one might say. Slightly older than me, and probably in better condition, it certainly sounded nice.

Like this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Skylark

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Kevin
Driving past Wellington Riding Stables this morning there were about half a dozen horse boxes arriving for tonight's event - a dressage to music. Most of the boxes were adorned with the usual "Caution, Horses in Transit" signs but one of them gave me a little giggle.

A professionally sign-written inscription above the cab read "Neddy Stobart".

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - swiss tony
A pre-war Aston Martin.... Beautiful!

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - IJWS14
A current model MG . . . . Very rare. but otherwise unremarkable.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Alanovich
A coupla doozies on the M4 westbound in Berkcestershire yesterday.

First, a silver Citroen CX saloon (the original 70s shape) with nouveau French plates belting down the outside lane at over 90 I'd say. Yee hah. Wheels looked oddly slim compared to larger modern cars.

Then, a few moments later, I was passed by a yellowish-orange N-suffix Saab 99 (the last digits of the plate were "99N"), tatty and totally original, being driven just over the limit by an elderly lady.

Both gave me a nice big smile. Like those cars.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - henry k
An Anglia van ( based or the rear sloping window type)

A quite recent Audi with a double sized mattress on top - no roof rack or ropes but both the driver and the front seat passenger were holding it with a an arm each as they drove along.
They were moving into a flat at Surbiton and I suspect they had only driven very locally.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Runfer D'Hills
A red Vauxhall Vectra. ( not so unusual I hear you murmer ) No, the reg plate on it F4 LTY...

Followed a Renault Twizy in to work this morning. Man, those little things have quite a turn of speed. Needs windows on the side though, it was raining...............

On the way home thisafternoon, Mondeo estate 55 plate, NSR rear shocker either worn out or missing completely, rear wheel set up a bounce so intense over yellow lines i could barely see the wheel.

Haven't seen such a perfect example of faulty shocks for many a year.

The driver must be aware, you couldn't not be.

>> The driver must be aware, you couldn't not be.

You are idealising the average car user gb. He may be aware of nothing beyond an occasional shudder. Of course you or I would know the cause or work it out, but mainstream drivers are often ignorant and may well think that all cars give the occasional shudder and twitch. After all they always did.
Of course you or I would know the cause or work it
>> out,

Hopefully yes.

Does anyone else do this, if i and either SWM or my lad are travelling along together but in two cars, dropping one off for example, we will take it in turns to follow the other car in order to watch the actions of the tyres wheels suspension etc over undulations...OCD or sensible opportunity to observe any developing problems.

>> take it in turns to follow the other car

That could help gb - any meaningful information is useful - but I always find that I identify these things for myself at an early stage by flinging the car cautiously about from time to time, keeping the tyres properly inflated and so on.

I only know well three other people I would trust to do the same, or to provide useful information after following me through a few bumpy roundabouts at speed.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - henry k
Many moons ago with my car needing a new engine so I borrowed my brothers old heap to commute to visit SWMBO in hospital at Taplow near Maidenhead.
The route was part country roads and I soon found out the shocks were well and truly useless. Every bump was remembered for many yards before the old bus settled down.
Funny at first but then quite frightening.
I had no real option but to suffer it for several weeks!

Morgan 3 wheeler (possibly) - Focusless
Down the same road where I saw the M3 coupe the other week, a bright yellow 3 wheeler with what looked like a big v twin on the front; numberplate started 'V2'. Assumed it was a Morgan look-a-like, but turns out it might have been a real one:
www.carscoops.com/2011/02/all-new-morgan-3-wheeler-first-real.html

An immaculate Y reg (but could have been a private reg plate) Lotus Talbot Sunbeam heading southwards on the A34 this afternoon.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Manatee
>> An immaculate Y reg (but could have been a private reg plate) Lotus Talbot Sunbeam
>> heading southwards on the A34 this afternoon.

Y reg ran from August 82. The final model year of the Sunbeam was 1981, so likely the original plate - if the car was registered earlier it wouldn't be able to wear it.

X-suffix Bedford Viva van this morning, in royal blue, the sort based on the boxy 1960s shape Vauxhall Viva saloon. Looked like new and totally standard. I'd completely forgotten there was such a thing, but they were utterly ubiquitous in the 70s now I think about it. Was surprised to be reminded that they were in production up to at least 1981. I suppose that's when Bedford replaced them with Astravans.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - crocks
I haven't seen, or thought of, one of those for years. Wiki says they were produced from 1963-1983.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedford_HA

In the late 70s I used to drive one around a motorway construction site. Being so light they seemed to float over the mud and sometimes out-performed the Land Rovers.

>>In the late 70s I used to drive one around a motorway construction site. Being so light
>>they seemed to float over the mud and sometimes out-performed the Land Rovers.

In 1971 I was driving a Renault 4 van round a construction site for a time - similar qualities, possibly even better being front wheel drive.

BT had a fleet of them in yellow (remember Busby?).

Gutless things that had some sort of restrictor to limit their output power, but had one of the most comfortable seats in any vehicle I've ever driven. It was a fixed, solid slab with only a few millimetres of padding.

One gave a colleague the fright of his life, when the fuel tank breather became blocked and the tank collapsed with a bang. It was inside at the back.

Good posts, C, M and BT.

I had it wrong about the Astravan replacing it, according to the Wiki article. It was replaced by the Bedford Chevanne, and thence the Astravan. I have no recollection at all of Chevette based vans.

I was in company with this on a "run" Saturday week back. I wonder if any of you recognise it?

I'd never seen one on the road before. It's a proper production car, not a kit, but there weren't that many of them...

Looks quite good to my eye, hood aside.

goo.gl/2hyriN

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Focusless
>> I wonder if any of you recognise it?
>>
>> goo.gl/2hyriN

Got to sign in to an MS account :(

Does this one work?

goo.gl/FGJSC1

Ginetta?

>>Ginetta?

No. Silly game...I didn't recognise it either.

It was launched in 1994, and its failure in sales terms has been blamed on the launch soon after of the Lotus Elise.

>> Silly game...I didn't recognise it either.

I have a sneaking feeling I do recognise it. But I can't put my finger on what it is.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - crocks
The wheels and the rear light clusters looked familiar. It's taken along time to check out my ideas but I've finally identified it. It is a Caterham 21.

>> It is a Caterham 21

You win the coconut:)

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Focusless
>> Does this one work?
>>
>> goo.gl/FGJSC1

Yes, it does - ta. No, I don't recognise it :)

Morgans & Maseratis - Focusless
After seeing what might have been a Morgan 3 wheeler locally last week, we followed a proper old one on the way back from Chipping Norton yesterday. A bit of googling suggests it was a 1935 Super Sports MX4; it was managing a steady 45-50, but did look to be bouncing around a bit over bumps. Couldn't see any seatbelts...

On the way there we saw loads of Maseratis going in the other direction; must have been an owners club meet somewhere nearby. The novelty of seeing one of the new-ish ones wore off after the first 10 or so, but there were of couple of fantastic angular things looking very 70s; I suspect they were Khamsins:
www.classicandperformancecar.com/front_website/octane_interact/carspecs.php/?see=1972
Last edited by: Focusless on Mon 30 Sep 13 at 13:07

Mmmmmmmm.! - Ted

Walking past the Beetham Tower yesterday in the Sun, I passed a sparkling white Porsche Panamera with pink wedding ribbons on the bonnet.

Not noticed one in the area before but I guess some of the Alderley Edge wags might have them for the school run.

Ted

Mmmmmmmm.! - sherlock47
>>>white Porsche Panamera with pink wedding ribbons on the bonnet.<<<

surely not a WAG - must be a gay wedding?

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - R.P.
Driving between Bala and Trawsfynydd in my truck....saw two Jaguar XKFs in factory camouflage, one was a rag-top the other conventional....new engines maybe or standard test mules ?

Also I heard before seeing it, the distinctive whistle of a BMWK75 (three cylinder sideways mounted engine).....immaculate looking RT - at one time considered to be the best all round BMW bike..

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - PhilW
Renault Twizy on A46 near Evesham yesterday - didn't have time for a good look as it was turning left at busy roundabout and I went straight on. I gather it's an electric thing.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Old Navy
There was a Twizzy on show in a local indoor shopping complex recently. My impression was it was like a four wheeled motor bike (not a quad bike, too flimsy) with a plastic body and roof. It looked as if a speed bump or decent pothole would demolish it. The payoff for range against robustness?
Last edited by: Old Navy on Tue 1 Oct 13 at 18:57

There was one of these on a set or long roadworks (being beautifully re-surfaced by the way) - marked up in contractors markings along with an Orange Beacon - seems highly practical for the sort of work it was being employed on.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Bromptonaut
>> There was a Twizzy on show in a local indoor shopping complex recently. My impression
>> was it was like a four wheeled motor bike (not a quad bike, too flimsy)
>> with a plastic body and roof. It looked as if a speed bump or decent
>> pothole would demolish it. The payoff for range against robustness?

I've met the odd Twizzy in London traffic, while they look like a roofed motorbike the acceleration is incredible. Pretty good I'd guess if you commute from suburbs and can charge it at work.

Twizy is cute looking but vulnerable looking, although it's probably well designed in all ways including crash resistance. But it's a bit on the small side for traffic. I might risk driving one myself but I wouldn't want Herself or the nippers trying a Twizy or G-Whiz in the West End in rush hour, still less in the suburbs at commuter time.

Call me a male chauvinist but that's how I feel about small open-sided cyclecar thingies.

Sublime - the Lagonda drophead, about 1930 I guess, on the ferry with a group of other interesting vintage machinery the other night.
Ridiculous - in Chamberlain Square, Birmingham, on Saturday, a pink and white Rolls-Royce Phantom (the butt-ugly new one), touting for wedding business.

A MK1 Ford Escort on a N plate (must have been one of the last of the line) painted in achingly pretty light blue with a wide RS stripe....beautiful tiny Minilite wheels - obviously a re-build but the mud splatters around the rear wheels looked pretty genuine.

Coincidentally, I saw a light blue Mk1 Escort on Friday, seem to recall it had a yellow stripe down the sides and minilite type wheels. You weren't on my manor were you, R.P? The one I saw didn't look particularly "refurbed".

No this was on Anglesey....Light blue with a contrasting broad blue stripe...seemed too good to be original, not a mark on it.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Runfer D'Hills
I had a beige one. Two door, 1100ccs of pure nothing. Purple swirly patterned carpet which was clearly an off cut from some 70s sitting room re-furb. Radial remoulds which shed tread blocks if you took corners too fast. ( which took some planning in fairness ) Quite liked it though. Fuel economy was rubbish. About 22mpg. Might have been to do with the way I drove it mind.

Comfy rear seats.....?

Ford Anglia being used on an autotest yesterday. I think it was driven there as well.

On the forecourt of a wayside garage in central France back of beyond this morning, a Vanden Plas 'Princess' 1100 or 1300.
That's the third different one I've seen around here in the past 12 months - they must be pretty rare in the UK, let alone here. Maybe there's a collector somewhere nearby.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Dog
>>Maybe there's a collector somewhere nearby

Or a glouton (for punishment)

(*_*)

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - No FM2R
Do me a favour Mike if its easy/convenient, ask him if he wants a LHD MG 1300 GT and pass on my e-mail address if he's interested. (I'm ok with reading French).

I'm about to scrap it (next week), but it seems such a waste.

It wasn't there yesterday but I'll see what I can find out.

Apparently the Vanden Plas 11/1300 mentioned above was in for a 'small engine problem' and has gone.
But, darn me, I was driving out of Limoges this afternoon and parked in front of a shop was a shiny Morris 1300! There must be something going on here.

A green Hillman Imp - in Denbigh North Wales yesterday evening...hopelessly tiny by today's standards.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Harleyman
Just remembered to post this, will make GB and Pat go all warm and fuzzy.. Went back up to Nottinghamshire a couple of months ago and saw this old lady beating along the road, on its way to a job in Southwell.

These old Albions are rare enough in preservation, nice to see one still earning its keep.

farm3.staticflickr.com/2620/4187774136_5078b17b44.jpg
Trouble with those Albions was the ECU's were a bit temperamental, ABS sensors fragile and the electric power steering pumps prone to water ingress..;)

Nice pick that HM, ISTR the wrecker at my first job as an old Albion tractor with a block of concrete to weight it and towed us in if needed on a solid steel bar.

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Pat
Air con delivered through the gear stick gator and a steering wheel big enough to be called a steering wheel!

Well spotted HM:)

Pat

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - zookeeper
seen in loughborough monday... Jowett Bradford utility in yellow , had to look it up on google....i just caught the word Bradford on the top of the grill as it went past

Unusual Sightings - Volume 21 - Ambo
I saw a Dellow today, the first since 1949. It is a sturdy, high-clearance sports car designed, I think, for hill climbing but with good off-road capability for quieter use. The engine and some other components were from Ford so it was easy to get serviced or repaired. I thought of buying one when I became an estate manager, an ideal work/leisure car to me.This one had just been renovated and looked a treat in the morning sun.

I don't think I've ever seen a Dellow. Interesting.

dellowregister.co.uk/dellow-models

Dellow was a purpose-built trials car, for what used to be called 'mud-plugging'. Had a tuned sidevalve Ford 10 engine.

I suppose 'trials' still exist, but they were very big in the impoverished fifties. Enthusiasts used to cobble their own trials specials together. In competition the cars carried a passenger whose job was to place his or her weight over the rear axle and bounce up and down to help with traction.

Dellow, doing what they're good at (last week): www.youtube.com/watch?v=49c92w6ATkE

They also fetch a lot of money: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dellow-mk3-e93a-103e-based-car-/200965082621?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2eca73cdfd

Thanks bt... still going strongish. But serious trials courses can be a lot more awkward than that one.

The specials were often truly horrible looking but they could be technically interesting. One trick was to weld the differential solid...

Apart from Ford 10 bits, pre-war Austin 7s were a favoured basis being simple, small and light.

Note the very long travel suspension on the Dellow in bt's clip. That's one of the things you really need offroad.

Anyone remember the Lamborghini Cheetah? It wasn't a commercial success but it looked a good idea at the time. For desert racing of course. A tiny bit over the top for trials.

:o}

AC. That clip was from the Edinburgh trial: www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk/events/edinburgh.htm A classic trial that that starts at some god-awful time and continues until late, run over numerous sites and cars have to be road legal to get from site to site.

I suspect you're thinking of sporting trials: www.sportingtrials.com/ Cars are off-road specials.

There's also Production Car Trials, which are single venue events which road legal cars can compete and are often driven to and from (if they still can) the event.

There was a very tidy Dellow at a car show in Sidmouth I looked in on a couple of weeks ago. I once had a ride in one fitted with a 1600 Ford out of a Cortina GT. It went like a bat out of the underworld, but did it ever wriggle.

Unusual Siightings Vol 21 - Badwolf
Passing through Crosby and Waterloo this morning in heavy rush hour traffic was an immaculate black Borgward Isabella Coupe. Gorgeous, just gorgeous.

Unusual Siightings Vol 21 - Clk Sec
>> Borgward Isabella Coupe. Gorgeous, just gorgeous.
>>

I couldn't agree more. Haven't seen one in decades, though.

Latest Forum Posts