Motoring Discussion > Jeep Compass - Cheap. Any good? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 7

Jeep Compass - Cheap. Any good? - Auntie Lockbrakes
The 2013 Jeep Compass Sport with a 2.0 VVT petrol engine and autobox is currently on sale very cheaply over here. Almost looks tempting... or is it a pile of cheap plasticky rubbish? Is that the catch?!
 Jeep Compass - Cheap. Any good? - swiss tony
>> The 2013 Jeep Compass Sport with a 2.0 VVT petrol engine and autobox is currently
>> on sale very cheaply over here. Almost looks tempting... or is it a pile of
>> cheap plasticky rubbish? Is that the catch?!
>>

Check out the parts prices... over here they are sky high!
I guess in NZ the same will apply....
 Jeep Compass - Cheap. Any good? - Zero
how cheap is cheap, your local version of cheap makes us in the UK wince!
 Jeep Compass - Cheap. Any good? - mikeyb
Looks like we dont even get the 2.0 auto - If you want auto in the UK its the 2.4.

The 2.0 is only available in entry sport trim with front wheel drive - or 4X2 as Jeep call it.

Just also noticed that it looks to have had a face lift for 2014 so I guess they could be selling off the 2013 models?

No idea about your pricing but I can get a new one for £14K
 Jeep Compass - Cheap. Any good? - Auntie Lockbrakes
New ones here for GBP14k too, as opposed to the NZ "list" price of nearer GBP22k...

Chrysler/Fiat/Jeep have just changed importers over here, and the new team are slashing prices! We can finally get a new Fiat 500 for under 10 grand GBP (the previous outfit were asking nearer 15k..!)
 Jeep Compass - Cheap. Any good? - L'escargot
>> The 2013 Jeep Compass ..........

Will it always point in the right direction?
;-)
 Jeep Compass - Cheap. Any good? - Dave_
>> a 2.0 VVT petrol engine and autobox

I had that combination in a 2007 Mazda6 and found it excruciating to drive - no low-down torque to speak of so it would routinely kick down two gears and scream up even gentle hills at 4,000rpm. No idea if the Jeep would be as bad, but an extended test drive in all conditions is a must.
 Jeep Compass - Cheap. Any good? - swiss tony
Please Nick. Don't do it.
You WILL regret it.
Latest Forum Posts