Motoring Discussion > Fixer. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 19

Fixer. - R.P.
Got a parking ticket from my Council. Parked outside a bay I was in a free car park - £25.00 quid fine. Unfortunately the ticket shows my car to be a Grey Bentley. An easy mitake to make huge difference to a green BMW. I admit I was in the wrong, but will contest....
 Fixer. - No FM2R
Did the driver of a a grey Bentley "recycle" it on to your car?
 Fixer. - R.P.
No it had my numbe ron it.
 Fixer. - Slidingpillar
"De minimis" or the law does not concern itself with trifles is what they'll say. If the registration number is correct - that's good enough to identify the car I think.

Now if the make/model and registration number were wrong, I'd have thought you had a very good case with the defence, "not my ticket" although if the registration number was wrong, they'd not find you from a DVLC check so perhaps one could ignore it!
 Fixer. - commerdriver
If the OP needs legal advice to contest the case I think he knows one of the mods who has some legal experience :-)
 Fixer. - Meldrew
SFAIK OP is a retired solicitor!
 Fixer. - commerdriver
exactly
 Fixer. - Bromptonaut
>> SFAIK OP is a retired solicitor!

An appearance before the Parking Adjudicator may provide access to an opening for a second part time job....

Although I think they've just had a recruitment campaign.
 Fixer. - VxFan
>> Unfortunately the ticket shows my car to be a Grey Bentley. An easy mistake to make huge difference to a green BMW.

What with all the free Apps and websites out there where you just enter a registration number to tell you what the make/model/colour of car is, you would have thought they'd get the basic details correct. They don't even need to be intelligent enough to look at the boot badges to give them a clue.

Bunch of numpties.
 Fixer. - Alanovich
I expect BMW is next to Bentley on a drop down menu on the parking attendant's device. Likewise, green and grey.

Fat finger, or stylus, syndrome.
 Fixer. - Manatee
Well if they are allowed to hit the wrong car and colour, I reckon PU is allowed to park with his wheels outside the line. Fair?

Not your car. Not your problem. I'd have thought they'd better things to do than patrol a free car park looking for imperfectly parked cars. All the rest of the world's problems must have been solved I guess.
 Fixer. - R.P.
According to their guidelines showing an incorrect make should lead to a withdrawal of the ticket. I've written them a very nice letter, directing them to their own guidance. I was quite happy to pay but detail is detail. They got the colour wrong as well as discussed it is green not grey as they describe it but I'll let them off that one. Do I look like the type of person who would buy a grey Bentley..

Worth a try anyway. I had parked knowingly wrongly - it is a free car-park by the way. Use the bike tomorrow.
 Fixer. - madf
Do I look like the type of person who would buy a grey Bentley..

Not James Bond then?

James Bond's official car in the Ian Fleming novels was a grey 1933 Bentley convertible
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_James_Bond_vehicles
 Fixer. - Crankcase
I was going to make some arch comment about it being spelled gray, but then read the Wikipedia entry about it and changed my mind.

I always spelled it gray as a younger person though.

Fixer. - Meldrew
Shouldn't we told which one of 50 Shades of gray/grey it was?
 Fixer. - Bill Payer
>> Worth a try anyway.

Doesn't the penalty go up if you don't pay promptly?
 Fixer. - R.P.
No 14 days to pay the 25 squid otherwise it's £50. Goes on hold if disputed. You can pay up front (which I may do as I'm off to Francais on the motor-sickle next week) and you'll get your money back if they agree with the challenge..
 Fixer. - R.P.
www.wppp.org.uk/Content/mainPageOne.aspx

A very comprehensive guide to challenging tickets. In fairness very, very comprehensive.
 Fixer. - Dave_
Got handed a PCN at work today. Parked my lorry in a loading bay on a Red Route in N London last week to check/adjust the load just after an emergency stop. CCTV operator says no loading activity visible = £65 fine if paid pronto. Was within loading bay operating hours and physically within markings. Inside the lorry was a £1/2m DB5, hence the need for discreet checking/adjusting.

I've appealed on those grounds, but will pay up if no progress within the 21 days.
Last edited by: Dave_TiD on Wed 21 Aug 13 at 22:30
 Fixer. - R.P.
If they'd got the details right I would have coughed up. Like a muppet I went to the car to get a receipt for a expense claim....the ticket was on the car - I took it off and moved the car to a free bay. Should have just left it where it was !
Latest Forum Posts