Motoring Discussion > The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 19

The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - Dog
Subaroo came out, well!

www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/picturegalleries/10259791/The-best-and-worst-car-dealers-by-brand-2013.html

The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - tyro
Interesting. I was surprised at how poorly Audi dealers did - and even moreso by how well Renault dealers did.
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - WillDeBeest
Wasn't impressed by the two Audi dealers I tried when considering the A6 last year. For all I know it might have been the perfect car for us, but I never got to drive one. The MB dealer came up with a deal at the right moment and you know the rest.

My parents had Renaults for years, partly on the strength of the dealer. They relocated and their choice became Fiat for similar reasons.

This may sound snide and I don't mean it that way: perhaps it matters more with cars that are prone to problems. I've dealt with several Volvo dealers and found them excellent, but very little goes wrong with the car, so I've not had to test their goodwill. The LEC has had some minor glitches (rear parking sensors are off again at the moment) that the dealer so far has been happy to correct.

Our Fabia ten years ago was never right in the engine and the Skoda dealer we bought it from was hopeless and caused more problems than it fixed. We found a better one, which fought some of our battles with Skoda UK - but let itself down by offering Hyundai courtesy cars.
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - Fursty Ferret
Interesting that Jag came out top when they wouldn't even let me test drive a car without putting down a £500 deposit.

"Our customers know what they want and simply want to make sure the car is performing as they expect on a test drive".

I sent Jag customer services a copy of the invoice for the Insignia, unsurprisingly did not receive a reply!
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - Bill Payer
>> I sent Jag customer services a copy of the invoice for the Insignia, unsurprisingly did
>> not receive a reply!
>>
They were probably gob-smacked that someone would be doing an either/or with a Vauxhall and a Jaguar!
Last edited by: Bill Payer on Fri 23 Aug 13 at 12:04
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - WillDeBeest
...or confirmed in their suspicion that you weren't a serious customer in the first place.

How's your dealer doing with the DAB in the Insignia, incidentally?
};---)
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - Number_Cruncher
>>How's your dealer doing with the DAB in the Insignia, incidentally?

The other evening, I was chatting with an ex-colleague who now looks after the fault diagnosis at the Vauxhall dealer where I worked. He was saying that after a few niggles, the Insignia is now settling down to be a very reliable and trouble free car.

Sorry FF, I know that's no great comfort to you!

>>
>> Sorry FF, I know that's no great comfort to you!
>>
>>
>>

DAB fixed months ago. May have lead me to curse the dealer a bit, but mechanically it's sound and nothing else has gone wrong. They can't be *that* bad 'cos they have a "lifetime" 100,000 mile warranty.
>> ...or confirmed in their suspicion that you weren't a serious customer in the first place.
>>

Depends how you look at it. I was planning on a year-old Jag or a brand new Insignia, both of which run about £24k. You'd have thought even a Jag dealer wouldn't turn his nose up at that.
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - Zero
Or struck dumb by someone paying that much for an Insignia...
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - Alanovich
>> Interesting that Jag came out top when they wouldn't even let me test drive a
>> car without putting down a £500 deposit.

My local Jag dealer once offered me a test drive in a used X Type on which the front tyres were worn down to the canvas. The car was on their forecourt, polished and priced up, apparently ready for sale. I declined on the basis of the lethal tyres, they then offered to rectify the tyres and be ready for a test drive the next day. No thanks, fellas. What else have you missed if the car's been through your stringent workshop pre-sale examination and you didn't notice the tyres?
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - idle_chatterer
>>
>> This may sound snide and I don't mean it that way: perhaps it matters more
>> with cars that are prone to problems.

Absolutely, we found our local Honda dealer to be wonderfully polite and considerate but completely unable to deal with an unreliable car in the civic FK3, they were simply unused to seeing their customers' cars returned regularly with build and design faults. I bear them no ill-will, haven't bought a Honda since though and am amazed they retained their reputation.

The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - madf
I'll comment on Honda reliability after an appropriate time- 10 years say.
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - mikeyb
Another pointless survey.

13.5K respondents who had to buy a car between Jan 10 and December 11. During that time 3.95 million cars were registered in the UK

By my crude maths that's a response rate of 0.34% - not what I would call a representative sample

Apparently 5490 dealerships in the UK so approx just over 2 replies per dealer over a 12 month period of cars that would have all been under warranty
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - Robbie34
I'm not surprised that Honda dealers are highly rated. I have always had excellent service from my dealer with my Hondas. Showrooms and hospitality areas are tastefully furnished and decorated, with refreshments available gratis. Newspapers and TV available as well as free Wi-Fi. Loan car offered if you don't want to wait.
Last edited by: Robbie34 on Fri 23 Aug 13 at 18:44
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - Shiny
With only ~15% difference between 1st and 27th, 1st being a premium brand and 27th a bargain basement and not a fag paper in between the rest I don't find anything shocking here.

1. Jaguar
Customer satisfaction score: 85.5%

27. Chevrolet
Customer satisfaction score: 69.7%
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - zippy
>>Interesting that Jag came out top when they wouldn't even let me test drive a car without putting down a £500 deposit.

Shocking!

How do they treat company car drivers who will not be in a position to place a deposit!

The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - Bill Payer
>> How do they treat company car drivers who will not be in a position to
>> place a deposit!
>>
Most manufacturers have corporate demo fleets and they'll loan cars to company car drivers for 2-3 days.
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - commerdriver
>> Most manufacturers have corporate demo fleets and they'll loan cars to company car
>> drivers for 2-3 days.

exactly, just doing that now as I have to order in October
 The best and worst car dealers by brand, 2013 - L'escargot
I'm surprised that Volvo came eighth when the soonest that my nearest Volvo dealer and Volvo Cars UK Ltd headquarters between them could offer for a test drive in the V40 variant in which I was interested was in six weeks time.
Latest Forum Posts