Motoring Discussion > eBay isn't all bad! Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 13

eBay isn't all bad! - Roger.
We only had one remote locking fob with our newly purchased, but old, Honda Jazz.
Apparently they only came with one as standard with a second one being charged at an eye watering £150 (from another forum).
I've just bought a used one on eBay for £16.50, including signed for P&P. Inserted a new CR2025 battery to be on the safe side and using instructions found on the net, have re-coded both it and our existing one, to the car.
Both working! Result.
Now waiting for a boot liner and a set of genuine almost new, Jazz carpets, also from eBay.
 eBay isn't all bad! - Bill Payer
>> Apparently they only came with one as standard with a second one being charged at
>> an eye watering £150 (from another forum).

Yes, that's quite correct. Was horrified it only came with one so got the dealer to include (at a somewhat discounted price but certainly not free) another in the total price when we bought our first Jazz in 2003.

It sat in the drawer for 6 years with the spare key and never used it!

I did buy a pukka Honda fog-lamp kit for it off eBay but never got around to fitting them - the instructions look complicated. :)

Wished I'd remembered to get a spare wheel included with the 2nd Jazz - never gave it thought until afterwards.
Last edited by: Bill Payer on Wed 28 Aug 13 at 21:34
 eBay isn't all bad! - CGNorwich
"Wished I'd remembered to get a spare wheel included with the 2nd Jazz - never gave it thought until afterwards."

Was in the same position with a recently purchased Six series Golf. No spare just a can of gunk and a a compressor.

Cost of space saver spare from VW is £270 - £350 if you want the full kit with jack and wheel brace.

Just bought the whole works from a car breaker for £70 plus postage of £15. Unused and as new.

I used these people who circulate your requirement to breakers all over the country. Go a phone call offering what I wanted in 24 hours. Good idea and good service.

www.breakeryard.com/part-finder

Last edited by: CGNorwich on Wed 28 Aug 13 at 22:06
When funds permit I shall be after a radio/CD player.
(SWMBO likes music in the car, but currently it's a cassette player unit.)
About ninety to a hundred quid from a breaker. Complicated thing as the heating controls are all part of the radio fascia. Lord knows how much Honda charge - I don't dare ask!
Bit of a swine to fit I gather.
Last edited by: Roger on Wed 28 Aug 13 at 22:49
 eBay isn't all bad! - Tigger
There is an easy fix to add an aux socket for an mp3 player on the radio/CD unit. Don't know whether you can do it for the cassette version.

Our 2005 Jazz came with two remote keys.
 eBay isn't all bad! - Alanovich
>> There is an easy fix to add an aux socket for an mp3 player on
>> the radio/CD unit. Don't know whether you can do it for the cassette version.

Just use one of those cassette shaped adaptors in the cassette player with a 3.5mm jack on the end to connect an MP3 player. You can get them at Maplin still.
 eBay isn't all bad! - Tigger
This is the wiring, worth making up if you put a CD player in.

www.hondafitjazz.com/audio.htm
Last edited by: Tigger on Fri 30 Aug 13 at 06:49
My SIL is a REME avionics tech. After sorting out the gubbins on Apache helos I would be unhappy if he can't fit a radio.CD player if we go that route! One or two on eBay at reasonable ££
OTH we will be seeing the family this weekend, so I'll twist his arm to look at the radio cassette unit - showing all the displays correctly but not issuing sound.
 eBay isn't all bad! - Focusless
On the other hand...

Needed a new handbrake knob for wife's Colt. £21 on ebay; £15 from the Mitsi dealer down the road. Bargain :)
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370832909493
Yes point taken.
The "as new" Jazz carpets actually cost me a trifle more, delivered, from eBay than buying a set. inc cheaper delivery and advertised as genuine, from an on-line retailer.
 eBay isn't all bad! - Alanovich
The new window/locking/mirrors switch assembly for my Laguna's door was priced at £58 inc vat, brand new from the Renault dealer. The only one on ebay is used, and priced at £57, buy it now. One wonders who the hell they think they're going to sell it to.
 eBay isn't all bad! - Dog
>> One wonders who the hell they think they're going to sell it to

Mugs.
 eBay isn't all bad! - Crankcase
Like these, then, Dog?

tinyurl.com/pgh656t
 eBay isn't all bad! - Dog
Got one already Cc, paid £7 for it at the pain dealer, these are good though, apart from the price!!

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Forester-Bumper-Corner-Guards-/261198458003?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd0a42c93
Latest Forum Posts