Motoring Discussion > RUSH Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 9

RUSH - Fullchat
Just got back from the cinema after seeing the above. Enjoyed the film which had some good footage.
It was an era where I was not particularly interested in F1 so it filed some gaps for me as to what was happening about that.
 RUSH - ....
That's my plan for next Thursday evening when I am at a loose end in Nottingham.
It had better be interesting as I have a 3:30am start from Germany...
Last edited by: gmac on Sat 14 Sep 13 at 21:31
 RUSH - Simon
I too went to watch Rush last night, I can confirm that it was a good film and a worth while watch.
 RUSH - DP
The tyre marks and pit lane markings are still visible up on the disused runway at Blackbushe / Yateley Common where it was filmed.
 RUSH - Zero
Really? I feel a dog walk coming on, followed by a cuppa at Blackbushe Airport cafe
 RUSH - Fullchat
Looking at my post I think I'd overdosed on popcorn :)

Anyway anyone thinking of viewing it is more of a plain documentary of the emergence and rivalry of a snapshot in time of F1 history. There is no real obvious CGI stuff (other than seeing some cylinder head valves) go up and down).

RUSH - Manatee
Some artistic licence taken I believe. The example I've seen mentioned is a clash in F3 between Hunt & Lauda which is an event that did occur, but actually involved Hunt and somebody other than Lauda.

More anon. Going to see it this afternoon.
 RUSH - Manatee
I liked it.

Even the colours seemed to have the period quality. Daniel Brühl was superb as Lauda, got him just right.

Not exactly a documentary but essential viewing for anyone interested in the history of F1, and the boss liked it too.
Last edited by: Manatee on Mon 16 Sep 13 at 00:11
 RUSH - Zero
Just been to see it. Its really not a documentary, not even a docu-drama, if you didn't know it was basically true it could be something out of dallas - Nicole enjoyed it. Highly entertaining.
 RUSH - IJWS14
Found this on the Mclaren site, puts another perspective on conditions that day.

www.mclaren.com/formula1/blog/emerson-fittipaldi/the-story-of-fuji-1976/
Latest Forum Posts