Motoring Discussion > Volvo V50 - Shell V Power Nitro diesel
Thread Author: car4play Replies: 3

Volvo V50 - Shell V Power Nitro diesel - car4play
As I am logged in and am not often in here I thought I would mention my recent experience with this fuel. I am not paid for by Shell or anything, but the other day I paid the 10p difference and filled up with this stuff, and whilst I would normally be a sceptic I must say it seemed to make a considerable difference: the engine was much quieter and all the pinking kind of noises it was making earlier went; and it simply felt much smoother to drive. It's hard to describe, but changing gears felt nicer because the engine revved so much easier.

I am only hoping that any extra mpg and the offers they have on for points v price of fuel will make it worthwhile - not counting any additional benefit of clean injectors etc.
 Volvo V50 - Shell V Power Nitro diesel - Runfer D'Hills
The "super" fuels seem to affect different engines in different ways. My old Mk 3 Mondeo TDCi definitely ran smoother and more economically on them while my more recent diesel Qashqai and my current diesel Merc seem not to care a jot as long as the pump says "diesel". Can't pretend to know why that should be.
 Volvo V50 - Shell V Power Nitro diesel - R.P.
I occasionally treat the 325 to a dose of 98 Ron - the big bike gets it more often, all the fills in France and Belgium were 98 RON - the car doesn't show any marked difference, the bike os smoother - difficult to asses fuel consumption on the bike, I get around 52 mpg in general use but was getting close to 57 on the foreign trip - this was probably allied to the bike being in the groove for longer than usual though...still not bad for a big bike that, especially when it was averaging close to 70 mph on the Motorways.
 Volvo V50 - Shell V Power Nitro diesel - Runfer D'Hills
I got 53mpg ( by the trip thingy anyway ) the other night on a journey from Luton airport to south Cheshire. Left the airport car park at 23.30hrs and staggered in my front door at 01.45 but there were a lot of contraflows and trucks which conspired to ensure sedate progress. Not too shabby though for a big auto I thought.

Edit - pretty sure it was running on Morrisons finest diesel too !
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Fri 20 Sep 13 at 19:57
Latest Forum Posts