Motoring Discussion > Be careful out there. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 12

Be careful out there. - Old Navy
According to the Daily Mail councils are "investing" heavily in these advanced traffic offence detection systems. Apparently their detection rates are vastly improved.

zencosys.com/

tinyurl.com/nm77tr5 (Daily Mail)

Be careful out there. - Dave_
I've just had a London parking ticket appeal successfully upheld. CCTV showed my lorry stationary in a 20-minute daytime loading bay at 11.30am for 6 minutes with "no visible loading activity taking place". That's because the CCTV camera was positioned on the right-hand side of the road, and I'd opened the front of my left-hand curtain to check and re-secure the straps on my load after an ambulance-prompted emergency stop.

Most level-headed drivers should not fall foul of these Zenco cameras, as we pay attention to bus lane/ yellow box/ no U-turn signs.
 Be careful out there. - Boxsterboy
Yes, but as your experience shows, there will a big increase in appeals. A warden on the pavement would have seen what you were doing and wouldn't have issued a ticket in the first place. But then I guess that is the whole point of them - more tickets = more money.
Last edited by: Boxsterboy on Mon 23 Sep 13 at 20:58
 Be careful out there. - Ted

Got meself another private parking charge notice last Wednesday. Can't read the attendent's writing very well but seems to be ' parked in an unauthorised place '.

Now, it was at the hospital and I parked in a free bay marked as ' Rehab only ' . Strangely enuff, I was attending Rehab for my weekly dose of exercise to improve blood flow ! £60 please or £30 if paid early. I had me blue badger on as well. We'll see how far they take it.

As an aside, the poly bag on my screen was marked with the usual PCN followed by ' it is an offence for anyone but the driver to remove this ticket ' . They don't 'alf try and frighten you !

Last February's from Parking Eye seems to have fizzled out after 5 letters, but I'm not holding my breath. My mate got one from them in March and has recently got a County Court summons !

Ted
 Be careful out there. - Fursty Ferret
"Last February's from Parking Eye seems to have fizzled out after 5 letters, but I'm not holding my breath. My mate got one from them in March and has recently got a County Court summons !"

I'd love that, choose the most inconvenient court location I could think of and then turn up and look innocent. Worst the judge can do make you pay the original parking charge + reasonable costs.
 Be careful out there. - Zero
>> Yes, but as your experience shows, there will a big increase in appeals. A warden
>> on the pavement would have seen what you were doing and wouldn't have issued a
>> ticket in the first place.

Of course they would. Seen them do it.
 Be careful out there. - Bromptonaut
>> >> Yes, but as your experience shows, there will a big increase in appeals. A
>> warden
>> >> on the pavement would have seen what you were doing and wouldn't have issued
>> a
>> >> ticket in the first place.
>>
>> Of course they would. Seen them do it.

As Zero says.

Had some professional correspondence last year with a guy who'd been ticketed in Ealing. Like Dave a loading issue - guy was delivering cider to a pub. I suspect he was indeed loading but as each trip involved taking a case of bottles to the cellar there were periods of inactivity.

His mistake was to accuse one attendant of deliberate lies and the second of conniving with him. The adjudicators hear far too many conspiracy stories and of course he lost. If instead he'd treated it as a mistake and relied on facts, his load instructions (assuming they were real) I'm convinced he'd have won.
 Be careful out there. - Westpig
>> A warden
>> on the pavement would have seen what you were doing and wouldn't have issued a
>> ticket in the first place.

That isn't necessarily so.

About 10 years back, I parked on double yellows in my now provincial town (as a then visitor from London) to nip to a chemist. Wrong I know, but, it was at the entrance to a wide garage forecourt and wasn't causing any kind of obstruction.

Came back and found the warden stood glued to my driver's door (so I couldn't get in it and drive away) writing out a ticket.

Now in those days a ticket had to either be stuck to the car or given to the driver (which you can't do if you haven't finished it yet) and that would be why she was glued to my driver's door.

So...I engaged her in conversation and spuriously claimed the lines were defective at the back of the car, so she walked back to look...at which point I got in the car and drove off.

I got away and that should have been that...only the lying old trout submitted the ticket anyway. I had to ring Devon and Cornwall Police Headquarters when I got my NIP and have a good moan...at which point the ticket was cancelled. Most people wouldn't have had my knowledge, so they would have just coughed for it, which makes her underhand and deceitful.

If it wasn't for the hassle factor I should have asked for a court hearing* and listened to her either commit perjury or squirm like hell.

* although you wouldn't believe the degree of weariness and writing that would have caused me
Last edited by: Westpig on Tue 24 Sep 13 at 16:04
 Be careful out there. - L'escargot
My car's sat nav gives a little bong to warn me when I'm approaching a speed camera.
 Be careful out there. - Zero
have you had a word with your sat nav about the three points you got?
>> have you had a word with your sat nav about the three points you got?
>>

I got those before I had a car which had sat nav. My insurance company wasn't interested when I told them that I'd acquired three points so it was all just one big deal. Only another nine months and the points will no longer be valid, and I can start speeding again!
 Be careful out there. - Clk Sec
>>Only another nine months and the points will no longer be valid,<<

Strewth, L'escargot. I thought that only happened a few months ago.
>> >>Only another nine months and the points will no longer be valid,<<
>>
>> Strewth, L'escargot. I thought that only happened a few months ago.
>>

I guessed at nine months. It's actually another eleven months. The offence was committed at 11:38 pm on 29th August 2011.
Latest Forum Posts