Motoring Discussion > Non road rage! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 8

Non road rage! - BobbyG
Pulled onto a roundabout today and was taking the straight ahead exit.

Guy in a van pulling a trailer pulled out from the left junction right in front of me. I slammed on brakes and the guy immediately put up his hand in apology, signalled to me if I was ok for him to continue, and then he proceeded forward mouthing sorry mate to me!

Now either he does this on a regular basis, or he was just genuinely disappointed with his own driving - I think it was the latter! But either way, it instantly took the "heat" out of a situation that with the wrong tempers could have been worse!
 Non road rage! - Robin O'Reliant
Sounds almost certainly genuine, pity more people don't admit to mistakes instead of going aggressively defensive.
 Non road rage! - Armel Coussine
>> pity more people don't admit to mistakes instead of

Yes. The inability or refusal to admit error is a sure sign of psychic weakness or insecurity.
 Non road rage! - Runfer D'Hills
That reminded me RR. If you think of a roundabout as a clock face, I was, a couple of years back, going from 6 to 12 when a lady shot straight across my bows with presumably the intention of going from 9 to 3 without the inconvenience of giving way to me. I had to slam on the brakes in an emergency stop to avoid T-boning her car. I didn't sound the horn or gesticulate or even grimace ( I've never seen much point in winding up stupid people ) so I just sat there expressionless waiting for her to move out of my way.

For reasons I still can't quite get my head around she stopped her car and started shouting and swearing at me ! All I could think at the time was something like "Erm, will someone run that by me again please 'cos now I'm confused ! "
 Non road rage! - R.P.
I had one on Friday afternoon.....on the roundabout where I had my Scooter incident....coming from work the roundabout is in a sort of valley, on the 6pm approach the road markings allow you to use lane two for the 12o'clock exit, this is useful in a fast car or bike as t allows you to shoot past the slower vehicles who are in lane one...the exit also has two lanes up a steep hill - excellent bit of road for taking advantage of performance to get past the sluggards. As I was performing this neat trick that afternoon a Merc driver indicated right as he alongside me and pulled out to exit the roundabout at 9 o'clock....
 Non road rage! - Runfer D'Hills
Wisnae me mister !
 Non road rage! - R.P.
It was silver....it was all very civilised, no pushing or shoving, just "excuse me....thank you" sort of manoeuvre...
 Non road rage! - BiggerBadderDave
"For reasons I still can't quite get my head around she stopped her car and started shouting and swearing at me !"

Period.
 Non road rage! - MD
>> "For reasons I still can't quite get my head around she stopped her car and
>> started shouting and swearing at me !"
>>
>> Period.
>>
Continually with some of them.
Latest Forum Posts