www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P-f1mssUeI
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - R.P.
Lud - that's who !
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - Fullchat
Not a high viz jacket in sight.
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - Duncan
>> Not a high viz jacket in sight.
>>

And they all seemed to have the statutory fag in the corner of the mouth.
The H&S would have corporate apoplexy over that petrol thing...
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - Falkirk Bairn
10 yrs +/- ago a car was dumped at the bottom of the road. Days passed and despite the council knowing nothing happened - it had to be inspected, notice attached and wait 2 weeks IIRC.

Pushed the car down the slip road to a power substation.... phoned Scottish Power and said it was near their fence..............gone in about 1 hour - job done!
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - PeterS
I thought it was going to be my neighbours complaining about the growing number of ageing Audis accumulating on our drive. Fortunately they can't be seen from the road, so I think I'm safe :-)
There's particular version of this problem here, people are buying £200.00 bangers in the Smoke and 3 or 4 use them as a sort of taxi to get to Holyhead and they are dumped. Cheaper than a train fare and more convenient.
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - Zero
I remember paying in, on and around dumped cars as a kid. I can recall ripping out a voltage regulator and staring with wide eyed fascination at all those lovely copper coloured coils.
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - Fenlander
When I was a kid in our village there was a closed rail line and where one of the almost unused small roads crossed with an iron bridge for decades local folks had dumped their cars by pushing them off the road down the steep embankment next to the bridge so they tumbled into a bit of wooded no-mans land. It was a treasure trove for us taking a screwdriver and pliers to get interesting bits from these 1940s on cars.

I've not seen anything really interesting dumped in public since around 1976 when there was a half decent Rover 90 like this...

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Rover_80_built_1960.jpg

... dumped in an Oundle council car park with the council "dispose in 30 days notice" attached and about to expire. It had obviously been driven there and was only just out of tax. Shame.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Mon 28 Oct 13 at 09:19
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - borasport
What exactly is an 'English and Continental' Pharmacy, dare I ask ?

And can anybody suggest ways of getting rid of the dumped X reg Skoda Octavia outside our office door ? It was the pool car for the people who rented the office before us, and they moved out 20 months ago - it's not moved since, and the landlords say they can't get anybody to take it away as they don't own it.

It's an issue that could be solved with a gallon of petrol if it wasn't quite that close to our office door (oh, that and the CCTV...)
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - Fenlander
>>>And can anybody suggest ways of getting rid of the dumped X reg Skoda Octavia outside our office door ?

Yes cause it to roll to a position on the path... I've done it before!
That would require pushing it a couple of hundred yards, and I dont fancy that with its tyres being in the state they are and a handbrake that has been on since Feb 2012 !
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - No FM2R
Assuming its still registered with whoever left it there, report it for no tax.
The tax ran out on 05/11 - I guess the owners have SORN'ed it, or are still paying the tax, or have gone out of business, but as it's on private land reporting it wouldn't do any good
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - Duncan
Is it land to which the public has access?
>> Is it land to which the public has access?
>>
It is a private car park to which the public, as the customers of the businesses on the property have access
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - Zero
this is entirely down to the landlords. Don't except the crap answer "we can't do anything about it" because they can. The only thing thats going on here is that they are not willing to pay for it.
>> this is entirely down to the landlords.

I'm not going to argue on that one, I'd describe the person responsible as a barrack room lawyer blind to the extent of their own ignorance
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - sooty123
>> The tax ran out on 05/11 - I guess the owners have SORN'ed it, or
>> are still paying the tax, or have gone out of business, but as it's on
>> private land reporting it wouldn't do any good
>>

I think the rules changed it might be worth looking at. If it's got no tax and isn't SORN'd it still is an offence. Might be worth reporting it?
 Look at Life - Dumped Cars - Runfer D'Hills
Mr Landlord, sorry to bother you but, oh dear, not wishing to make a fuss or anything of course, but it seems like someone ( must have been vandals ) has stuck a screwdriver through the fuel tank of that abandoned car and it's dripping petrol/diesel all over the car park. I expect they were trying to steal the fuel. That's a health and safety issue isn't it? Hadn't you better do something about that before the authorities get to know? They get quite anxious about that sort of thing I gather...
Elf'n'Safety is honoured more in the breach than the wossname, Runfer

If it rains there will be a 'wet floor' sign in reception, and in winter there will be notices telling you to dress appropriatley and wear stout footwear, yet when I went to get a brew earlier, there was a contractor stood on a chair behing the solid kitchen door trying to get at the cabling in the roof space, nor did it seem to be an issue when someone was giving a fire safety course in the middle of the car park a week or two ago.
Quite apart from the fact that he did it in the middle of the car park, so half the cars couldn't be moved until he finished, he did appear to pour some fuel (green jerry can, so I assume petrol) onto the carpark tarmac and ignite it at one point. I did ask management if he had checked for fuel and oil leaks on the vehicles around him, and was met with looks of incomprehension - 'nuffin to do with us, we didn't know he was going to do that'.
('spose I should have got him to sort the Skoda, really - missed an opportunity there)
Last edited by: borasport on Tue 29 Oct 13 at 13:31
it's still there, as is the citroen Xsara that appeared in november, but somebody put a window through in the Octavia last night - wouldn't be surprised if it gets torched sooner or later.

Hopefully it will encourage the landlord to do something about it, but after 2 years I don't expect much
Last edited by: borasport on Wed 15 Jan 14 at 14:31
well, hope was not wasted - flatbed turned up and took it away half an hour ago
Latest Forum Posts