Motoring Discussion > Quieter tyres Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 3

Quieter tyres - Mapmaker
I needed a new tyre in September on one rear corner, and also took the opportunity to take a horrid cheap tyre off the other rear corner and put it on the spare (which was of doubtful legality itself).

So, two new tyres. Mr Kwikfit's website is particularly good at revealing the EU 'tumble drier' tyre ratings, and up popped Goodyear's Efficient Grip tyres as being not that much more expensive (£20 each) than Kwikfit's own brand, and rating at 68dB against 73dB. If that was true then the own brands would be three to four times noisier than the Goodyears.

Moreover the Goodyears came with a 'B' fuel efficiency and an 'A' wet-grip performance; what was there not to like?

Two to three thousand miles later, I still cannot get over how much quieter the car is than before. It really is like a different beast. Anybody else taken advantage of the EU labelling to similar advantage?
 Quieter tyres - Alastairw
I put Barum Bravuris on the Octavia for precisely this reason - road/tyre noise is a known foible of my car. This, plus a tiny tweek to the tracking has made a huge difference, to the extent I have to keep a closer eye on the speedo at motorway speeds.
 Quieter tyres - Mike Hannon
I have Goodyear Efficient Grip tyres on the front of the Accord, 225-50x17. I find them noisy but they do drown out the horrible noise of the engine.
 Quieter tyres - Victorbox
They're a winner: www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/60112/goodyear-efficientgrip
Latest Forum Posts