Motoring Discussion > International Security Register Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Telb Replies: 5

International Security Register - Telb
Hi all

I received a letter in the post at the wekend from the International Security Register (Retaina Group) advising me that my vehicle is still registered in the name of its previous owner. This vehicle is an Alfa with a Scottish registration and not one I have ever owned - in fact I have never owned a Fiat or Alfa in nearly 50 years of motoring.

Retaina Group tell me this is one of many such cases supplied to them in the last update from Fiat UK. I am still concerned about how Fiat UK got my name and address as I've never had any dealings with them.They have now deleted my record and apologised and suggested I might like to have a go at Fiat UK.

So I rang Fiat and raised a complaint which they are looking into. Their initial thought was that it could be because I owned a Jeep over 10 years ago, but after that time it would still be a breach of the Data Protection Act to continue to hold my details.

My question to the panel is should I be worried that I have been cloned?
 International Security Register - Meldrew
Perhaps identity theft - keep an eye on your bank and credit card statements for a while.
 International Security Register - mikeyb
Any link with Mercedes?

Or a multi franchise dealer group?
 International Security Register - No FM2R
>>So I rang Fiat and raised a complain

Something iffy here, I'd do that in writing if I were you, and keep a copy. Also I'd put it in writing to ISA.
 International Security Register - madf
Complain to the official body www.ico.org.uk

They are in breach of several laws: age, revealing information, transferring information etc.

An obvious breach of Data Protection.
 International Security Register - Telb
Thanks for the link, I will do that. Especially as I've heard nothing from FIAT about my complaint to them.
Latest Forum Posts