Motoring Discussion > Hyundai Accent - Cuts the corner, scrape pauses and then ploughs on Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 8

Hyundai Accent - Cuts the corner, scrape pauses and then ploughs on - Falkirk Bairn
In the local town for odds and ends. Coming out of a supermarket carpark the driver of the car in front cuts the corner and dragged the backdoor on the passenger side along the railings...... she pauses, puts on flashers. At this point I thought she was going to get out. However she ploughed on.....the result.

Caved in rear door, bashed and scratched rear wing and the bumper blowing in the wind.

What might have been a £500 runabout was now worth zero. If she had stopped and asked for help, the car could have been pushed sideways and the damage limited to the door.

Tonight might be a difficult time as the story unfolds around the tea table!
 Hyundai Accent - Cuts the corner, scrape pauses and then ploughs on - Lygonos
Gaffer scraped the front of the FRV's rear nearside wheelarch coming out of the Howgate yesterday.

In fairness it's pretty tight and I wouldn't be that surprised if I managed to do similar if I did that run every week.

Having the moral highground, however, is priceless :-)

Hyundai Accent - Cuts the corner, scrape pauses and then ploughs on - Pat
>>Having the moral highground<<

Just means you have further to fall.

Pat
 Hyundai Accent - Cuts the corner, scrape pauses and then ploughs on - Manatee
>> >>Having the moral highground<<
>>
>> Just means you have further to fall.
>>
>> Pat

Yes. Always wise to be generous in circumstances like that, I find.
 Hyundai Accent - Cuts the corner, scrape pauses and then ploughs on - Falkirk Bairn
>>Gaffer scraped the front of the FRV's rear nearside wheelarch coming out of the Howgate yesterday.

I do not do car parks like the Howgate - too many huge concrete pillars and tight turns - OK if you have a Toyota Aygo or the like but the X-trail & CRV is just too bulbous - guarantee you can drive in / out loads of times but one day the pillars will get you, so best avoided.
 Hyundai Accent - Cuts the corner, scrape pauses and then ploughs on - WillDeBeest
The moral high ground is fine - but you can't get there on a high horse.
 Hyundai Accent - Cuts the corner, scrape pauses and then ploughs on - Roger.
Trade nickname for this model is the Hyundai Accident!
Appropriate in this case!
 Hyundai Accent - Cuts the corner, scrape pauses and then ploughs on - Alanovich
>> too many huge concrete pillars
>> and tight turns - OK if you have a Toyota Aygo or the like but
>> the X-trail & CRV is just too bulbous - guarantee you can drive in /
>> out loads of times but one day the pillars will get you, so best avoided.
>>

Or maybe X-Trails and CRVs are best avoided as your choice of vehicle if you live in a town/city?
 Hyundai Accent - Cuts the corner, scrape pauses and then ploughs on - Lygonos
>>Or maybe X-Trails and CRVs are best avoided as your choice of vehicle if you live in a town/city?

Our CRV was an excellent family car - no sore back loading the bairns into the back and great big boot - fine through fresh snow, decent performance, and acceptable economy for a petrol automatic - takes up little more than a Civic for footprint on the road, and less than a Mondeo.

Didn't do 3 baby seats across the back + 3 adults hence the FRV.

The Accord is a vastly inferior family vehicle than the CRV (which maybe says something about the Accord)
Latest Forum Posts