Motoring Discussion > Mercedes Benz Viano - What does this button do? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: mikeyb Replies: 8

Mercedes Benz Viano - What does this button do? - mikeyb
Sat in Mrs B's Viano on Sunday (she has become very protective over it and wont let me drive) I noticed that there are two buttons that both look like the rear window demist.

I've just looked in the handbook and one is described as a "reheat" function.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/BillG/Vitopanel.jpg

Its button 4 on the link

The handbook just says:

Reheat function (dehumidification)
The vehicle is equiped with a reheat function which quickly ensures that the windows are free from misting and that the air in the interior is dehumidified

Its not got climate control so to demist the windows I would have to change the air direction and turn the aircon on if needed so what does this function do?
 Mercedes Benz Viano - What does this button do? - Lygonos
Apparently sets the heater/blower to optimal function for demisting the screen - presumably means just a one-touch function, and when un-set the heater goes back to your previous settings.

www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/interior/61570-what-does-reheat-button-aircon-do.html
 Mercedes Benz Viano - What does this button do? - Bill Payer
I wonder if, basically, it's just an insult to van drivers! :)

I can't see that it does anything that pressing the a/c button wouldn't do - but people would assume a/c is for warm weather so may not think to press it at low temps.

My C Class has a front screen demist button which does the same thing (as do most cars these days - even on daughter's little Mitsubishi Colt, if the air is directed to the screen it turns the a/c on without illuminating the a/c button (we only discovered that a few months into owning the car).

There's an explanation of how it works on C-Class with Thermatic climate control in this article: www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_53154/title_The-New-MercedesBenz-Cclass-Interior/newsarticle.html . I realise your Vanio doesn't have Thermatic but that's only a control thing - the underlying system is likely the same.
 Mercedes Benz Viano - What does this button do? - Duncan
>> Sat in Mrs B's Viano on Sunday (she has become very protective over it and
>> wont let me drive) I noticed that there are two buttons that both look like
>> the rear window demist.
>>
>> I've just looked in the handbook and one is described as a "reheat" function.
>>
>> img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/BillG/Vitopanel.jpg
>>

Interesting collection of photos, Mikey!

Why the particular interest in the exhaust on the Mercedes?

>> Interesting collection of photos, Mikey!
>>
>> Why the particular interest in the exhaust on the Mercedes?
>>

Haha, they are not my pictures! I borrowed the dash pic from another forum and hadn't realised I had nicked his whole album.

Hope there was nothing to untoward in there
 Mercedes Benz Viano - What does this button do? - Rudedog
Looks like it does the same thing as a recirculate button, it stops 'new' air coming into the cabin and heats the existing warm cabin air so it should heat things up a lot quicker.
Right, if Mrs B lets me out in it over the weekend I will check it out!
 Mercedes Benz Viano - What does this button do? - carmalade
Are you sure it is not this1en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterburner
Just been out in it and can report that the only thing it appears to do is turn the aircon on.

I'm sure it must do something else as I could just press the aircon button next to it for the same effect!
Latest Forum Posts