Motoring Discussion > Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - Ford Ka Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 15

Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - Ford Ka - Iffy
Originally in the "For Sale" section, but moved before it was automatically deleted

Ford Ka for sale

Some panel and water damage

Recent convertible conversion by the Cheshire Fire Service

Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 9 Mar 10 at 01:12
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - Ford Ka - Runfer D'Hills
Cheeky beggar ! - Funny though !
;-)
...Cheeky beggar ! - Funny though ! ;-)...

Phew, thanks Humph, because the arbiter of good taste on this one has to be your good self.

I don't know if you've ever seen a car after someone has been cut from it.

The firefighters often cut the roof off neatly. leaving the windscreen - the result does look just like a convertible with the top down.

This post also gives me the chance to join the chorus of best wishes to Mrs H.

I might make a joke about one aspect of it, but a crash like that is a thoroughly nasty and upsetting thing.

My last 'incident' when I clouted a dog was minor in comparison, but it still knocked me out of kilter.

Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - Ford Ka - rtj70
Did you know that before getting a car scrapped money can be had (apparently) by letting the fire brigade practice taking the roof off. It will still weigh the same. I know a garage that does this.
I'll send 'em a bill then. See what happens. Any bets ?

:)
Last edited by: Humph D'bout on Sun 28 Feb 10 at 15:10
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - Ford Ka - midlifecrisis
Just don't ever say you've got a twinge in your neck after a minor knock. The fire brigade will whip the roof off at the first opportunity!
Well, funnily enough she remembers finding herself hanging upside down by the seatbelt and being astonished to find herself more or less unscathed. The engine was still running and fearing fire she turned it, the radio and the lights off before attempting to free herself. Her minor injuries resulted more from forgetting to put her hands up when she released the seatbelt. Fell on her head onto the smashed windscreen and did hurt her neck a bit. I guess the question was asked and as you say the cutters came out. They took her out on a spinal board despite her protestations. ( she's quite skilled at protesting ) Anyway, I suppose they have to be sure.
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - Ford Ka - R.P.
They'll send you one back...:-0
...the fire brigade will whip the roof off at the first opportunity...

And many brigades will use equipment like this to do it:

www.holmatro.co.uk/
She wouldn't have wanted it back anyway so cutting it open kind sealed its fate.
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - Ford Ka - Zero
Seriously, you will now get a bill from your ambulance service. It may take several months.
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - Ford Ka - Mapmaker
>>Seriously, you will now get a bill from your ambulance service.

Seriously? How much? One reason for not having third party insurance if so.

You should get a decent payout for the car, anyway.
I assume Zero is saying this from his experience. I believe their logic is the insurance company should cover their costs. They sort of have a point. But what about other callouts that are not motoring related.

This country is messed up isn't it. Time to bring forward my escape plan.
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - Ford Ka - BobbyG
tinyurl.com/amnwt4
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - Ford Ka - BobbyG
tinyurl.com/crnoyx
So who'd be a good samaritan now. Although the logic of leaving them in their car before paramedics arrive does make sense.
Latest Forum Posts