Motoring Discussion > Citroen C2 - New "Little Blue" C2 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: PhilW Replies: 8

Citroen C2 - New "Little Blue" C2 - PhilW
It was time for the old W reg Xantia to go. Only 1500 miles last year, £200 odd tax, insurance quite a lot. Has served us v. well for 10 years but hard to justify as a second car nowadays doing v. low mileage.
Son wanted a new car with more room. Had his eye on a Qashqai so wanted rid of his little C2, 04 reg, 60k miles, 1.4 HDi, very, very good nick.
So, decided to take it off his hands. Paid him top price for it (good excuse to help him with purchase of Qashqai!) and seemed a shame that he would only get £1500 for it in p ex.
Drove it back from London a couple of weeks ago - 67mpg. Tax due in Spring, £30. Insurance v cheap.
Mrs W has her C Crosser but has used the C2 almost exclusively since. (Except for trip to tip with a load of junk!).
C2 ideal for short trips, enough room for weekly shop, easy to park, nippy enough for day to day driving and even around town is returning over 60 mpg.
In fact, it's good fun to drive - like a little go-kart!
What's not to like?
I expect you will find something!!! ;-)
P
 Citroen C2 - New "Little Blue" C2 - bathtub tom
>>What's not to like?

Diesel, doing 1500 miles a year. Has it got a DPF?
 Citroen C2 - New "Little Blue" C2 - Bromptonaut
>> Diesel, doing 1500 miles a year. Has it got a DPF?

Reading Phil's OP I think he and Mrs W are going to make sure it does a lot more than that. The challenge might be to keep the C-Crosser doing enough miles. OTOH if it just does a few long journeys, particularly pulling the caravan, then I suspect the DPF will be fine.
 Citroen C2 - New "Little Blue" C2 - RichardW
Pretty sure an 04 1.4 won't be DPF'd but could be wrong...

The maths doesn't add up of course, but then you knew that I'm sure, Phil!! We've got some here as pool cars, they seem to be OK, my only real complaint (well apart from the joke rear seats and boot!) is the slightly rubbery feeling steering.
Not sure if it has a DPF. But then I'm not sure the Xantia (which had done 120k+ with trouble free engine) had one either! Crosser does on its 2.2 HDi engine but it will still do quite a few few miles (4 or 5 trips to SW France per year for starters)
The C2 has already clocked up a good few miles but I suspect that the tiny rear seats will never be occupied!
Yes, I know the maths doesn't add up but paying top price was just Dad's way of helping son out and it is an economical little car. (daughter was helped out last year!).
Regards
P
PS Thought the rubbery steering was me, not the car!
 Citroen C2 - New "Little Blue" C2 - Runfer D'Hills
Well someone has to do it...

Man in Chinese restaurant - Waiter, look here, this chicken is rubbery !

Waiter - Thank you sir, I'll tell the chef !
 Citroen C2 - New "Little Blue" C2 - Armel Coussine
Waiter in restaurant, to Chinese diner: 'You for coffee?'

Diner (irritably): No YOU fck offee! I not finish yet!

(since we're doing schoolboy jokes from yesteryear)
A little bit of thread drift? Unless, of course, you are implying that the C2 is a "schoolboy joke" from yesteryear"
In which case maybe there isn't much thread drift!! ;-)
 Citroen C2 - New "Little Blue" C2 - Alastairw
This sort of happened to me on Saturday.

I intended to take the 13yo for dinner at Wetherspoons (its not abuse, before anyone asks!) and on trying to enter the bouncer said 'Eighteen?'. I immediately got shirty with him until he explained that he has said 'Eating?' as he was trying to limit entry. As it happens there was nowhere to sit anyway, so we went to Burger King instead.
Latest Forum Posts