Motoring Discussion > Stopping a car by remote. RF Safe-Stop Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 6

Stopping a car by remote. RF Safe-Stop - henry k

A British company has demonstrated a prototype device capable of stopping cars and other vehicles using a blast of electromagnetic waves.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25197786
 Stopping a car by remote. RF Safe-Stop - Zero
So thats all the police airwave radios in the area zapped, all other vehicles (inc police) in the area zapped (possibly dangerously) and the police Helicopter brought down from the sky.

It has great potential.
 Stopping a car by remote. RF Safe-Stop - sherlock47
It has great potential. Dont forget the emergency vehicles on the adjacent carriageway, The mobile phones, satnavs, the cruise controls and brakes at the edge of the range which will just behave unpredictably.....

and the motorway cameras, message boards. police evidence cameras, ANPR devices and probably every tablet within 50 meters. Probably find the the breathalysers will not work either!
Last edited by: sherlock1947 on Tue 3 Dec 13 at 19:09
 Stopping a car by remote. RF Safe-Stop - ....
I wonder what would happen if you shield the immobiliser aerial near the key fob inside the car if a diesel engine would carry on.
Last edited by: gmac on Tue 3 Dec 13 at 19:22
 Stopping a car by remote. RF Safe-Stop - Harleyman
No need. All you require is a vehicle fitted with a pre-gizmo electrical system, i.e. points, condenser, mechanical regulator. I doubt if that thing would touch it.

Wouldn't necessarily have to be an old vehicle either, you can bung a small-block Chevy engine in just about anything that's rear wheel drive, just jam the throttle and go for it.
 Stopping a car by remote. RF Safe-Stop - Cliff Pope
"Certainly if you took a 1960s Land Rover, there's a good chance you're not going to stop it," Mr Wood said.

Thanks for that tip. But it's my vehicle of choice anyway when I go out ram-raiding jewellers.
 Stopping a car by remote. RF Safe-Stop - IJWS14
>> "Certainly if you took a 1960s Land Rover, there's a good chance you're not going
>> to stop it," Mr Wood said.
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks for that tip. But it's my vehicle of choice anyway when I go out
>> ram-raiding jewellers.
>>

Don't they use JCBs?
Latest Forum Posts