Motoring Discussion > Honda - jazz service and mot
Thread Author: sajid Replies: 11

Honda - jazz service and mot - sajid
fri 13th a dreaded day as it was my jazz due date for a mot and service. I also asked for a full anti bactericidal air con recharge, as the aircon gets less after a few years.

There was a recall for a driver side window switch so I mentioned to the service receptionist about it as I received a letter from Honda about the recall.

The service was a type 4 that was a full service, which included oil and filter change, new spark plugs, new gear box oil, new pollen filter air filter, new brake fluids, new fuel filter.

whilst they were doing the service they also did further work as there a recall about the gearbox bearing, as it may judder, and that was also carried out

that was done also free of charge, the total bill was £106, this included the aircon recharge, the half price mot, and also needed a wiper for the front as that was split as for the service I already pay my service plan monthly its a Honda fixed budget service plan.

They gave me a courtesy car, another jazz automatic, didn't like the interior quality plus it nags you,

my car is a jazz gd series 1.4 2008.

The only fly in the ointment is that I may need a new car battery Honda wanted £95 for their battery but having looked at the carparts for less site I can get it for around half of what Honda asking for, its a bosch battery and also thought there another brand which is good a varta battery

all I can say that I have been impressed by the quality of service I got from the local dealers

I could have saved a bit of money by going independent, but that could be a false economy as you don't get any information to whether a recall is needed for any work that is needed.
Last edited by: sajid on Sat 14 Dec 13 at 19:47
 Honda - jazz service and mot - RattleandSmoke
Sounds like you got a good service, more than I did from FIAT in Stockport who wanted £160 for a pair of brake pads which I told to shove up their back side. Got them done at an indie for £45.00.

I am a bit worried if my battery will make it through the winter, no issue with slow starting or any indication that is about to fail but 15,000 miles of short journeys can't have done it much good. Mine is a Vitara too.
 Honda - jazz service and mot - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>> I am a bit worried if my battery will make it through the winter, no
>> issue with slow starting or any indication that is about to fail but 15,000 miles
>> of short journeys can't have done it much good. Mine is a Vitara too.
>>

Rattle, you're worrying over nothing. Short journeys are more than enough to keep a battery in fine fettle long as they're in miles rather than yards.
 Honda - jazz service and mot - RattleandSmoke
Yeah even a short journey is usually around 2 miles. I find you can usually tell if the battery is weak though as the engine takes a little longer to turn over.
 Honda - jazz service and mot - ....
I thought a full service on a Jazz involved manual adjustment of the tappets which was about £90 in itself (MiL has one).
I'd be surprised if it needs a new battery already, my wife has a '97 Honda CBR600 motorbike, the original Yuasa battery was 13 when it was replaced, it never saw a trickle charger until the bike was 10 and I started riding it. I'd stick the battery on a charger, if you can/have access, and give it a boost before writing it off.
Last edited by: gmac on Sat 14 Dec 13 at 20:03
 Honda - jazz service and mot - carmalade
I don't get it.How can they do a service for £106 and want £95 for a battery?All the parts including 8 spark plugs and an a/c service.Btw Bosch and Varta batteries are the same make from Johnson controls.If you do decide to replace the battery ,make sure it has the correct (small terminal posts)type.hth
 Honda - jazz service and mot - PeterS
I read it as £106 extra on top of the service plan that he's already paid/is paying for, not as £106 for the service and extras?
 Honda - jazz service and mot - bathtub tom
>> I read it as £106 extra on top of the service plan that he's already
>> paid/is paying for, not as £106 for the service and extras?

I read it as that too. I can't believe a main dealer would do all that work for £106.
to clarify, I already pay towards the service a fixed Honda budget service plan, the additional £106 was 50 percent off mot, £27.49, the aircon recharge with wirth antibactriacidal treatment, that was £65, it needed a wiper of £10, and the reminder was the wirth anti treatment that was £10, there was a recall for the driver switch that was done, whilst replacing the gearbox oil there was a service bulletin to replace the bearings if they judder or make a noise that was also done, both of the warranty work was covered under the Honda extended of the warranty.

Honda - jazz service and mot - bathtub tom
>> wirth anti treatment

What on earth was that?
 Honda - jazz service and mot - Falkirk Bairn
How much do you pay per month for the Jazz Service Plan?

I was confused over the £106 charge thinking that was the total bill.

4 cyl x 2 plugs = 8 Honda Long Life Spark Plugs were £90+VAT 10 years ago!
its £18.22 per month am on a 3 year service plan, the first one just done was a type 4, regarding the aircon recharge, they put in some wurth anti bactericidal to stop the aircon smelling musty.

they identified that the condenser unit the fins there been some loss of them due to corrosion
but they assured me that it be fine for a few more years
Latest Forum Posts