Motoring Discussion > Not the weather for an open top bus ride. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: crocks Replies: 8

Not the weather for an open top bus ride. - crocks
I was on a 131 on Friday but decided to stay at home today because of the weather.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25496956
 Not the weather for an open top bus ride. - RattleandSmoke
That is two serious bus crashes in the Greater London area in the past few days,.
 Not the weather for an open top bus ride. - R.P.
How could that sort of thing possibly happen ?.... ;-)
 Not the weather for an open top bus ride. - henry k
>> How could that sort of thing possibly happen ?.... ;-)
>>
Lots of low bridges around the Kingston area so quite a few "proper"single decker buses in use.
Fortunately no one hurt .
It is a couple of hundred yards from Kingston A & E, just the other side of the bridge that was hit and also outside the FBU HQ so more reserves at hand.

www.isurrey.co.uk/profile/444395/Kingston-upon-Thames/Fire-Brigade-Union/
 Not the weather for an open top bus ride. - Cliff Pope
>> >> How could that sort of thing possibly happen ?.... ;-)
>> >>
>> Lots of low bridges around the Kingston area so quite a few "proper"single decker buses
>> in use.

>>

That's understandable on a regular route, but the report says it was not a scheduled service and the driver took a wrong turn.
I was alluding to my own bridge -strike....there is a confessional here somewhere.
 Not the weather for an open top bus ride. - Duncan
>> I was alluding to my own bridge -strike....there is a confessional here somewhere.
>>

We are all much too nice to you.

Now, if it been Zero talking about buses, we would have been on him in a flash....
 Not the weather for an open top bus ride. - henry k
>> That's understandable on a regular route, but the report says it was not a scheduled
>> service and the driver took a wrong turn.
>>
The bridge has just 12 feet clearance.
There are clear unobstructed signs indicating this. On the span and both sides are clear signs.

Perhaps he was on auto pilot or just not awake as the bridge is straight ahead and does look low.
Auto pilot. Been there and done that...luckily I literally (correct meaning and usage alert) scraped through...!
Latest Forum Posts