Motoring Discussion > Goodwill to all, even Harley riders............... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 8

Goodwill to all, even Harley riders............... - bathtub tom
I don't think this will upset anyone here:

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=775405432473735&set=gm.624893744234391&type=1
 Goodwill to all, even Harley riders............... - Robin O'Reliant
Nice one ;-)
 Goodwill to all, even Harley riders............... - MD
Excellent Sir. Made I chuckle....
 Goodwill to all, even Harley riders............... - Armel Coussine
Bit of a silence from the depths of Wales though...

Never seen a Harley Davidson with proper racing handlebars, sheep's-ear jobbies low down... do they exist? Or does one have to be leaning back holding the ends of two three-foot-long steer horns? Not very aerodynamic. And that asthmatic if throaty old pre-war unit needs all the help it can get... it's true they have ohv these days though. Mustn't be rude about traditional US engineering.

Heh heh...
 Goodwill to all, even Harley riders............... - MD
Rod bought the very first one you know.

That's where PushRod came from :-)
 Goodwill to all, even Harley riders............... - Harleyman
>> Bit of a silence from the depths of Wales though...
>>
>> Never seen a Harley Davidson with proper racing handlebars, sheep's-ear jobbies low down... do they
>> exist? Or does one have to be leaning back holding the ends of two three-foot-long
>> steer horns? Not very aerodynamic. And that asthmatic if throaty old pre-war unit needs all
>> the help it can get... it's true they have ohv these days though. Mustn't be
>> rude about traditional US engineering.
>>
>> Heh heh...
>>

Only cos I was late home tonight. And that wasn't because I commuted on the Harley either. ;-)

They do exist Humph, if you look up Jay Springsteen on Google you'll find pics of some of them. The quarter-mile dirt track racing (bit like speedway on steroids with a few jumps) is very popular in the States and Harley dominate to this day.

In all honesty they're not track racing bikes although the late lamented Buell was powered by a Harley engine. Sprinting and drag racing is their real forte.

Worth noting that before Honda came along in 1969 with the 750 Four, Harley's XLCH Sportster was for several years the fastest production motorcycle; its straight-line acceleration can surprise a few people even today but of course they're hopelessly outclassed by most of the modern stuff. Doesn't seem to put folk off buying them though.
Last edited by: Harleyman on Tue 31 Dec 13 at 00:27
 Goodwill to all, even Harley riders............... - Armel Coussine
It wasn't Humph, it was me.

But I was just teasing. I know that big motor can produce some real torque.

There was a Hells Angel, a real one according to his colours, who lived next door to me for a while in Ladbroke Grove. In fact he must have been a real Angel because he was an unpleasant sour character. He had a Harley of course. They are impressive steeds.

Ever ridden a Vincent Harleyman? Haven't seen one for years.
 Goodwill to all, even Harley riders............... - Harleyman
>> It wasn't Humph, it was me.
>>

Sorry Lud, I get you two mixed up!

Never ridden a Vincent; must admit they're handsome beasts. I did once out-drag one on a VMCC ride-out, but was severely frowned at for being hooliganistic. They command stratospheric prices these days of course, though not as expensive as Brough Superiors. By a strange coincidence, the chap who's chairman of the Vincent Owners Club went to the same school as me, though we were not in the same year.
 Goodwill to all, even Harley riders............... - Runfer D'Hills

>> Sorry Lud, I get you two mixed up!

AAaaaaarrghh !
Latest Forum Posts