Motoring Discussion > Drink driving - or not Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 2

Drink driving - or not - BobbyG
Hopefully this won't be picked up by swear filter
.*******

I had a good load of drink on Hogmonay into New Year albeit maybe not the strongest of booze.

So I had about 12 bottles of Miller (275ml) and a couple of large Ports after the bells.

Putting in my start time of 5pm and the now time (as it was at 2pm), this states that I had no alcohol in my system.
On the day , I had done some mental calculations but didn't want to risk driving.

Now I know this website makes assumptions, and in theory all the alcohol could have been consumed in the previous few hours but stick in a few drinks yourself and let me know if you think the results are what you would expect?
 Drink driving - or not - BobbyG
swear filter picked it up so the website is ru (slang word for drunk that rhymes with missed)dot com
 Drink driving - or not - WillDeBeest
It does seem to be missing an important datum, which is the time of the last drink. If I tell it I started on my bottle of 12% wine at 1900, it tells me to 'get a taxi' at 2100, 'leave it an hour or two' at 2300, and that I'm 'not even mellow' at 0800, all without knowing when I stopped.

Makes no sense at all to trust a back-of-envelope job like this with something so potentially serious.
Latest Forum Posts