Motoring Discussion > They don't make em like this anymore Miscellaneous
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 4

They don't make em like this anymore - TheManWithNoName
Links to Practical Classic magazine via facebook.

Check out the post of the Citroen CX handling

www.facebook.com/#!/PracticalClassics
 They don't make em like this anymore - Dog
"Innovative thinking, shame the rest of the car is poor"

(*_*)
 They don't make em like this anymore - Harleyman
"They don't make em like this anymore"

Thank the Lord for small mercies. Had one, hated it.
 They don't make em like this anymore - Dog
I used to tune the critters, more accessible than the GS though, tuning wise, and I always enjoyed road testing them afterward - a tad different to the usual Dagenham dustbin.
 They don't make em like this anymore - Fenlander
>>>"They don't make em like this anymore" Thank the Lord for small mercies. Had one, hated it.

Shame... for anyone that had any affinity with them CX ownership would probably be one of motoring's high points for most folks.

A lot of people had poor CX experiences though as so many were neglected and poorly set up their potential downsides were never going to be balanced by the superlatives. My first was a bit of a dog in truth... sourced from a dodgy back street dealer and riddled with faults. I only just got it sorted before my eye was drawn to the second which was a minter and genuinely one of my motorings highs. The only problem with ownership was that I ran it for higher mileage business use (own car, mileage scheme) where much of the time it was on shorter runs in town or on building sites. But I also covered A/B road countryside and unleashed in the wild it was magnificent. Its ability to travel at motorway speeds on smaller fen roads was unsurpassed.

My third came much later... a restoration project at a time when the kids were small and our energies were needed elsewhere so it was soon moved on. Still gave that magic feeling driven round the field though.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Fri 17 Jan 14 at 10:09
Latest Forum Posts