Motoring Discussion > Look at Life (death?) 1965 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 12

Look at Life (death?) 1965 - sherlock47
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkN2Rr1Ol7Y

Some interesting shots - interesting to see much of the testing is carried out using luxury or sports cars? Surely it would be for the common good if the testing was carried out on the most populus cars on the road at the time? Or perhaps it was manufacturer funded?
 Look at Life (death?) 1965 - Dog
Very interesting, I take it all motorbikes these days are fitted with anti-lock braking systems?
 Look at Life (death?) 1965 - Zero
Which leads us nicely into

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvJVyXNZKc

Look at life 'the ton up boys"
 Look at Life (death?) 1965 - Zero
>> Which leads us nicely into
>>
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvJVyXNZKc
>>
>> Look at life 'the ton up boys"

Except of course, for RP its the

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTC392qgaRQ
I had a Mobo, and 2 Lamb Berettas.
 Look at Life (death?) 1965 - Westpig
>> Some interesting shots - interesting to see much of the testing is carried out using
>> luxury or sports cars? Surely it would be for the common good if the testing
>> was carried out on the most populus cars on the road at the time?

I should imagine they'd want/need the speed..and only that sort of car would achieve it.
 Look at Life (death?) 1965 - BiggerBadderDave
That technician guy who is testing helmets has the world's worst hair-parting. (5 - 5.30)
 Look at Life (death?) 1965 - R.P.
I think the tandem instructor with the woman learner must be the bravest of the brave.

All new bikes will soon have t have ABS fitted. It's fitted to the 1200GS and the Triumph we have - software on the GS is a bit off for me....keeps implementing ABS a bit early.
 Look at Life (death?) 1965 - Manatee
>> software on the GS is a bit off for
>> me....keeps implementing ABS a bit early.

How do you know? I can see how you would if it was a bit late :)
 Look at Life (death?) 1965 - R.P.
The GS has linked brakes, i.e. use the front brake, the bike's computer controls the braking -I occasionally use both brakes and you can feel the twitch in the rear brake pedal....I know that it's operating too early by the feel of the bike.
>>I think the tandem instructor with the woman learner must be the bravest of the brave.

I was thinking that, rather him than me!

>>All new bikes will soon have t have ABS fitted

Bout time too.
 Look at Life (death?) 1965 - Alastairw
In the handling tests it looked like the Rover 2000 and landcrab were both handling better than the TR. In fact I suspect some moderns would have done worse than the Austin.
 Look at Life (death?) 1965 - Ted
I've just turned up a slide with FiL's blue K reg Landcrab on it. I remember we went on a tour of Scotland in it. I drove mostly. Lovely car...'cos it was new.

Sadly, some of the latest batch of slides are reversed so I'm going to have to flip them...including the Landcrab which has a rather unusual reg. no......for now !

HO
Latest Forum Posts